9 Timeless Life Lessons We Learned From 'Grey's Anatomy'

Whether or not you're a Grey's Anatomy fan, this list can still have some impact on you.

Flickr
143

Grey's Anatomy is filled with ups and downs, twists and turns. It's what gives the show so much of it's appeal. You never know what's coming next. Despite all the chaotic scenes on the show, there are some great life lessons incorporated into the show. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Never, ever give up.

In your life, you will experiences failures of all kinds and mistakes that will change who you are. But that is how we grow as individuals. Experiencing and learning from those mistakes is what will make us successful in our careers, relationships, and life. No matter what you're going through, never give up on who you are and what you want. You only have one life so make it as extraordinary as you want to make it.

2. Love your people, and love them hard.

When you are offered the gift of friendships, relationships, and family, take full advantage of what you have. It's rare to find people that appreciate you for you and want to support you with whatever you decide. Finding your people is a wonderful part of life, so make sure you hold on to them because you never know what could happen in the future.

3. Live every day as if it were your last.

If you've ever seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy (and I'm sure many of you have), then you know that bad things happen all the time. Unfortunately, most of life happens that way. Make a good day a great day, or turn a bad day into an okay day. You truly don't know when the last time is the last time.

4. Always dance it out.

The pressures of life are never ending and that can become overwhelming. Especially for college students, dealing with the constant stress of classes, boys, and basically everything underneath the sun. So when it comes down to letting the stress eat you alive or dancing it out, always always always dance it out.

5. Stick up for what you believe.

We are taught time and time again to make our own decisions, but a lot of the time, our decisions come from what others believe. But when it comes to something that you deeply believe, never be afraid to say how you feel. You may be the only person who believes something different in the room, but do not ever change your beliefs just to satisfy what others want. It is your right and your duty to stay by your beliefs.

6. Love always wins.

You love who you love. It doesn't make sense and it never will, and that's perfectly okay. When you find the person worth fighting for, never let them go and hold on to what you have. It's not important who they are. If you love them, then that's all that matters.

7. Do what you're passionate about.

Life is too short to do anything other than what you truly love. When you love your career, then a lot of life falls into place. Whether you want to be a doctor like Grey's Anatomy, or whatever is you love, do it. You won't regret it one minute and you'll never look back.

8. Be yourself.

You can never go wrong when it comes to staying true to who you are. Being yourself will open the right doors to what you want and the people who you will meet. Never lose sight of who you truly are.

9. You can get through anything.

You will experience some terrible moments during your time here on earth, but that is what will make you stronger than ever before. You can get through these moments. It will take time, patience, and love, but you can do it. You can step forward, you can move on, you can keeping fighting, you can pick up the pieces and fix whatever is broken. Nothing is ever too hard to overcome.

Grey's Anatomy is a show jam-packed with drama and love and loss, but it's what gives the show it's sense of reality. It's not just a show about doctors, it's a show about life lessons.