9 Total Lies College Kids Tell Themselves At The Start Of The Semester

FYI: You need the coffee.
18

We're not even two weeks into the semester and I already know that I've been lying to myself about a lot of things and I'm sure you have as well.

1. You don't need that Starbucks coffee.

Although you know you really do.

2. I won't skip my 8 a.m.

As you hit snooze on your alarm over and over again dreading the thought of getting up this early.

3. I'm going to read every assigned reading.

You say as you have 7 textbooks just for a few courses.

4. I'm going to do as much homework as I can tonight.

Even though you're extremely tired and your favorite tv show is on and all you want to do is sulk, you really think you're going to do it?

5. I'm going to pay attention in class.

You either end up sitting there and doodling or playing on your laptop or phone.

6. I'm going to go to every one of my professors' office hours.

Although it could make actually help you with your studies you'll end up getting busy and won't have the time.

7. I'm going to sit in the front of every one of my class so I can pay attention.

Wait, not ALL of them.

8. I will go to class even when I don't want to.

I know you're dreading it and you eventually think, "nah, I don't need to go anyways."

9. I'm going to do every assignment even if I don't have to.

HA! Yeah right, you're probably already behind on that.