9 Things To Look Forward To In 2021

9 Things To Look Forward To In 2021

Here's to hoping for a better year.

34
9 Things To Look Forward To In 2021

At the end of 2020, we are all looking forward to 2021 being a better and more positive year.

Here are 9 events that are sure to brighten up your 2021.

There will be new COVID-19 treatments

Virus Stay Home GIF by INTO ACTION Giphy

Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic began, it has been a challenge to identify a treatment. But beginning in 2021, there will be vaccines available for individuals who wish to receive one.

Joe Biden will assume the U.S. presidency

Joe Biden is expected to begin his term as the 46th president of the U.S. in January 2021, when he is scheduled to be sworn into office.

The Tokyo Olympics rescheduled

After the Olympics were postponed for the first time in history due to the pandemic, the Tokyo Olympics will be hosted beginning on July 23rd.

Friends reunion

After years of rumors, the Friends reunion of our dreams is going to become a reality in 2021. According to Matthew Perry's Twitter, the "Friends reunion being rescheduled for the beginning of March. Looks like we have a busy year coming up. And that's the way I like it!"

Broadways shows will re-open

Currently, the re-opening date for Broadway shows is May 2021. Some shows that we are looking forward to are MJ The Musical, The Music Man, and Caroline, or Change.

Cinemas and theaters are set to re-open

Soon theaters and cinemas will re-open, and we can all enjoy the movies again. The popcorn. The slushies. The reclining seats. The huge screen. The snacks. The movie.

Rescheduled concerts and festivals

Concerts and festivals might be the last things to return due to the pandemic, but there are already plans for them to return in 2021. Such concerts and festivals rescheduled are Little Bit Town's tour, Michael Buble's tour, Harry Style's tour, Green Day's tour, Chris Stapleton's tour, among others.

The Wimbledon Championships rescheduled

roger federer tennis GIF Giphy

The most iconic tennis tournament in the world, Wimbledon, was cancelled for the first time since World War II due to the pandemic. But in 2021, the 134th championships are rescheduled to be staged in 2021.

UEFA European Football Championship

cristiano ronaldo soccer GIF Giphy

Like many other championships, the UEFA European Football Championship was cancelled and set to be rescheduled during 2021.