9 Creative Writing Prompts

Below you can find a means of inspiration. Go and create! Let your inner writer spring free.

To be continued stories...

Prompt: Wedding

It was a wild night. I didn't even get married. Our ceremony was supposed to take place at ______. We felt a crazy need to go separate ways. It wouldn't be forever, but just for now. Our story is a long one. It all started two weeks ago, when...

Prompt: The Lake

The moon was shining onto the lake surface. Something or someone was lurking about, wondering what would happen next. The air was cold, and the man's breath fogged the glass of his car. He wanted to go to the water, but something was bothering him; stopping him. He knew exactly what it was. It was...

Prompt: Europe

The car came by and a puddle splashed the young man in his suit. He was going to a very important meeting and now has to go to the store to change into a new outfit. A woman passed by and dropped cash. He picked it up and ran after her, saying: "Miss, you've dropped this!" She didn't even look when she said: "You need it more than I do.." Little did she know that he (did or didn't) need it. The mysterious woman strutted away and flashed a quick glance at the young man with her blue eyes, and he knew why he came to Europe. This woman was more than familiar, she was his...

Prompt: Man on the curb

A man sat on the street curb every day trying to make a living. He drummed, whistled, sang- anything to get by! His state of life was not because of plain poverty, but because the events that led up to that moment. It was his blindness to...

Prompt: The shadow

My heart was beating. My head aching. My eyes wanting to close. The figure won't slow down and I have something they want. I carry their treasure in my arms. This treasure is...

Prompt: The musician 

I woke up in a new bed today. I panicked not knowing where I was. Looking around, it was dark. The only thing I could hear was the sound of a smooth saxophone playing from afar. It was a sad song. It made me want to approach it. The room was pitch dark and I was stuck, bound by something. The music ended and a few moments later the lights turned on and...

Prompt: Spaghetti noodles

My plate was always full. This one plate reminded me of the one person who ever cared for me. Spaghetti noodles. They are said to give you more life, and you are never allowed to cut them. That's the rule. This time, my plate shattered and my noodles with it. Tears fell across my face, and I could not handle this absence. The constant reminder. These boxes of pasta surround my room. It's been four days. A knock came at the door. There goes another plate. The knock persisted and I got up to answer it, tripping over the pillows on the floor. When I opened the door, I did not know how to respond to what was left at my doorstep. It was...

Prompt: Light

Molly loved waking up early. It always felt like she had the power to create light as the sun rose. She felt a surge of energy in its presence. Alone, she seeks an answer as to why so much has happened, but the sun always is a new beginning. Sleep was never her desire. She wanted to always be awake, to always be living. Molly never wanted to blink because...

Prompt: Pen

This is what I was writing. This would be the last thing I sent for a while, at least until I come back. The unexpected has happened and I must leave. I write: "Dear _____, I must go now. There is a war coming and it is not as far as we would like to think. I'm sorry for the hurt I've caused and for all of the lies." I sign the letter with my true name. A name that no one will know because my real life is only beginning. And it starts with...