We've all done it; we've started eating and couldn't stop, only to promptly regret our decision for hours after. That awful feeling of having eaten too much overwhelms you. Nausea and bloating follow, and you wallow in self pity over your horrible life choices. Overeating sucks. So, how can you stop overeating?

1. Drink Water

Drinking water before meals can fill up your stomach, leading to you eating less.

2. Eat Breakfast

Eating breakfast will fill you up, and you're less likely to binge on other, unhealthy foods later on in the day.

3. Choose what you eat carefully

Foods like fruits and vegetables are packed with fiber and full of water, both of which fill you up much faster for less calories. Foods high in protein also fill you up much faster.

4. Don't leave junk food lying around

In order to resist the temptation to binge, get rid of the temptation. Stop buying cookies and chips, instead stock up on fruits and nuts.

5. Don't eat while distracted

If you're eating while watching TV, or scrolling through Instagram or playing a game, you're more likely to ignore your body's signals that you're full.

6. Chill out

Everyone is stressed, and stress eating can easily arise as an unhealthy way to cope with stress.

7. Sleep more

Not sleeping enough leads to a myriad of problems, including overeating.