8 Ways To Get You Out of Bed This Summer

Time's a wastin'!

14
Caroline Buck

It seems like everyone's goal is to get up and do something productive during the summer, but there's one problem: motivation. Get out of your (comfy...) bed and try some of the following this summer to feel productive and to have fun!

1. Find a good book

We've all read at least a book or two that sucks all of your time out of you. While there isn't any summer work to worry about, why not find your next novel you can't put down? Too expensive? Join your local library, if you aren't already a member! I recently renewed my card and grabbed "Swimming Lessons" by Claire Fuller from the "New Arrival" section; it's so hard to put it down!

2. Volunteer

Make a difference in someone else's life! Contact your soup kitchen or local animal shelter to see if they are in need of help!

3. Find a part time job

Who doesn't like making money? If you're having trouble looking for places to hire, try Care.com or the new dog-walking app, Wag! Taking care of kids and pets are great because you can work around your schedule (and make decent, easy cash)!

4. Plan a trip to your nearest city

Hop in the car or on a train with some friends to the city nearest you. Spontaneous adventures are the best adventures. Before going, ask around to see which spots are the best. A lot of them aren't the touristy areas, and many don't know about them!

5. Join your nearest gym

Times flies when you're staying fit. Gyms, like Planet Fitness, are super inexpensive to join, and with many memberships, you can quit for free if you're no longer in the area/if it isn't for you! Staying in shape and working out keeps your endorphins moving, which makes you happy and healthy.

6. Make a new breakfast recipe

Cereal or pancakes every morning can get old. Look up some different recipes on places like Buzzfeed. (Perhaps try a breakfast burrito with egg, cheese, onions, peppers and mushrooms!) Breakfast shouldn't be boring. It's the most important meal of the day, after all!

7. Have a yard sale

Make some extra cash to get rid of old sweaters and side tables that you have no use for anymore. Hang up posters around town to get the word out in advance, and post around on social media to spread the word even more.

8. Go to a craft store

Get up early and run to Michael's or Joann Fabrics to grab some stuff to make! Canvases and paint come cheap, so doodle up some designs to stick on your walls at school or if you're a carpenter at heart, grab some wood and hammer away.