It's the moment that most people dream of. The moment the love of your life gets down on one knee, holds up a ring and asks for your hand in marriage.

In the age of social media, I believe the proposal has become an even bigger fad. Similar to promposals, the person proposing is pressured to find a unique and creative way to propose without being over the top, unless that's what they like. It requires an intimate understanding of their partner's likes and dislikes in order to get it just right.

But no matter how big or small and grand or simple the proposal may be, I am pretty sure everyone feels the same way: the moment should be captured by video or photograph and if possible, both.

It just so happens a complete stranger on the beach the other day relied on me, and me only, to capture their big moment. I was sitting in my beach chair, enjoying my day off and watching a cute couple set up next to me play with their young son in the waves. My boyfriend and I commented on what a cute family they were. A few minutes later, the woman came up to me.

"Excuse me," she said, "would you mind taking our picture?"

I actually love when random people ask me this question. It means that I come off as approachable, and I don't take a half-bad photograph. I am also one of those people who takes a hundred shots for you to choose from, instead of just snapping one and handing the phone back. Those people are the worst.

I happily got out of my beach chair and she handed me her phone. The photo shoot ensued. After I'd taken a bunch of shots, I handed the phone back and wished them a wonderful day. The man said, "Wait, can you take one on my phone?"

I said, "of course!" He handed me his phone and I noticed that it was in video mode. He whispered to me, "I want you to take a video. I'm about to propose."

1. "OMG, this is really happening!"

As I mentioned before, some people tend to put a lot of thought and anticipation into this moment. When it finally arrives, you'll be excited beyond belief. Don't blink or you might miss it.

2. "What if I press record and it doesn't actually record?"

I was so anxious that I pressed record and let it record for three seconds before I nodded to the man to let him know that it was in fact, recording. Because I would never forgive myself if it didn't record. That would be something that would happen to me, and I was terrified.

3. "Uhhh, where are the other photographers?"

You can't expect me to get all the right angles, can you?

4. "I can't believe the responsibility of capturing this moment rests entirely on me."

The proposal is a once-in-a-lifetime moment for couples, and it only lasts a brief moment! I am a stranger! I could have been a horrible videographer, yet they took a chance on me, and I feel so grateful for that.

5. "What if she says no?"

That would have been awkward, and it's definitely at the back of everyone's mind that was involved.

6. "Are those tears of joy coming out of my eyes?"

There is something so moving about watching a proposal in real life. It is such an emotional moment for the couple and for everyone there to witness it. She was so surprised, and it was so moving to watch that moment for her.

7. "I wonder when this is going to happen to me."

We are all waiting for the big moment of our own, and hearing about other proposals only ever makes me excited about mine.

8. "Will I be invited to the wedding?"

I'll be there, and I'll be way too excited for the couple. I'll also feel partially responsible for their marriage.