8 Things To Do During Quarantine To Battle Your Boredom

A couple of ideas to make your quarantine days a little more interesting!

20

With quarantine sucking the life out of so many of us, we're all on the lookout for new things to do to entertain ourselves. Here are some ideas to escape boredom and take care of yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually!

Take yourself on a picnic!

Pack some cute finger foods, a couple of cans of soda, a speaker, a book, and a picnic blanket, and treat yourself to a little alone time by the sunset.

FaceTime a friend and paint together!​

Nothing is better than seeing the people you haven't seen in months. Spend some quality time talking and painting together over FaceTime with each other.

Go on a run.​

I know, I know - we all hate exercise. But there's something so peaceful about going on a nice run by yourself early in the morning or in the evening with your favorite music blasting through your ears. You can finally force yourself to go outside and take a breath of fresh air while also getting some exercise at the same time.

​Clean your room​​.​

I said what I said. How many of you are sitting on your unmade bed staring at the piles of dirty pajamas in your room every day? Blasting some music and singing along while cleaning your room is one of the most wholesome forms of therapy - only if you want to do it, of course. But you end up feeling so accomplished afterwards, so what do you have to lose?

Learn how to play an instrument!

Ukuleles are fairly cheap on Amazon, and there are tons of videos on YouTube and other platforms that teach you how to play instruments. Make use of them! But make sure you wipe down your orders with some disinfectant wipes first.

Start a new habit.

On average, it takes 21 days to form a new habit, and we have seemingly endless bounds of time on our hands. Now is the time to start that new habit you've been wanting to have, whether it is journaling at night or starting your day off with some yoga!

Try your hand at cooking.​

It feels like everyone started hitting the kitchen since quarantine started, cooking up amazing concoctions like the TikTok Whipped Coffee. Most of the times, these recipes aren't that hard to make either! Give it a shot - the worst that can happen is that you make some hilarious memories (please don't burn down your kitchen though).

Or just dress up for yourself!​

I know that it can be hard to force yourself out of bed since quarantining can be so demotivating sometimes. So on some days, just getting up out of bed, showering, and wearing a cute outfit can do the trick! Your mood will go soaring - just put in a little effort and you'll feel instantly better.

Quarantine is proving to get harder and harder for us as the days go by. For some of us, its taking a toll on our mental health, and we find ourselves having to work harder than usual to get along through the day. One little change in your day can make it a little more interesting than the last, though. I hope these ideas can help you enjoy your day a little more. Stay safe everyone!