8 Things Every College Student Is Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving
177

Alright, here're the facts my fellow college pals. It's been a *very* fast but also *very* tough semester (but aren't they all). We've cried, whined entirely too much, had a few (or 36.5) emotional breakdowns, stressed a LOT, failed a few exams, forgotten a few assignments and probably slept around 7 hours and 23.5 minutes the entire semester... Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little.

Nonetheless, here we are. It's Thanksgiving. We have *almost* made it through another semester. How did that even happen?

We're finally home, in our big cozy beds, with our beloved pups, oh and those crazies we share DNA with are around, too.

If you're anything like me, you're highly anticipating the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Thanksgiving Dinner, maybe a little football, a good post-feast snooze (duh) oh, and maybe even a little shopping late into the night (if you're into fighting for $2.50 towels and BOGO Bath and Body Works hand soaps).

Whatever your plans may be today, I can guarantee that you will find yourself on the spot at one point or another. You know what I'm talking about. That dreaded moment when everyone's eyeballs are on you. When they are (impatiently) waiting for you to spit out something you're thankful for out, so they can finally dig into the plate of turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and buttery rolls, sitting before them.

I'm here to make that *very* stressful moment easier for you. Yup, you are welcome! Here are 8 things every college student is thankful for this beautiful Thanksgiving Day!

Don't worry, I don't mind if you steal (one) or all of them

1) You are still alive

I'm so proud of you. *long round of applause*

2) Home.

Dorothy knows. There is nothing like being back in your hometown and with the people you love most.

3) Parents.

Whether they're forking out the big bucks to pay your tuition and/or pushing you through one encouraging word and prayer at a time... They are the best and it seems the older you get the more you appreciate those guys.

4) Your University

It might be your least favorite place. They might be taking all your money (for years to come). And they might have even blown their chance to play in the playoffs (ahem, Western...). But deep down (maybe real deep down) you love your school and you're very thankful for it today (or at least thankful to be away from it). GO CATS!

5) A huge home-cooked meal (feast)

And all the college students who have survived on cafeteria dinners, ramen noodles and pop tarts for the past three months, said AMEN!

6) Christmas is among us

GET EXCITED! ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

7) Three. More. Weeks. Of. The. Semester.

You're so close... But should any person to speak of the *f* word before Thanksgiving break is over...Well, we won't even go there.

8) And most importantly, for the wonderful, gracious, and very patient God in Heaven

He's heard every single prayer, been right beside you during every exam and loved you just a little harder when all you've wanted is to give up and go home. That Guy, He's the real MVP.

It's a day dedicated to thankfulness alone, my fellow college students. So whatever kind of semester you have had, whether it be good or bad, find a reason to be thankful. Appreciate every little blessing and be sure to love your family and friends really hard.

Happiest of Thanksgivings to You!