8 Signs Adulthood Is Looming

8 Signs Adulthood Is Looming

Embrace the signs of early adulting and ride that maturity wave all the way to the shore of success.

98
8 Signs Adulthood Is Looming

We’ve all been there; we’ve each had our knock-down, drag-out fights with life. But the most intimidating one yet is my constant struggle with adulthood.

AH THE “A” WORD!

I know. It’s okay – just breathe through it. It’s is scary, inevitable, at times exciting, and we can’t stop it. No, Brad, living in your parents’ basement won’t even keep it at bay.

So to help you prepare for the impending future, below is a list of warning signs and symptoms that adulthood is coming for you.

1. You get in bed before 10:00 PM and it’s not to take a nap before going out.

Remember the good old days when you would hop in bed around 8:00 PM and set an alarm for an hour later so you could get some last minute fuel for a long night out? Yeah, not anymore. If you ever do manage to make it out the door, you’re back before 1:30 AM and aren’t mad about it.

2. You consider a night that ends before 2:00 AM a success.

Speaking of early nights, they’re exactly what you’ve decided you need. No more last call? Fine. No more 3:00 AM Uber ride? No problem. No more middle-of-the-night Stake and Shake? Okay, maybe you miss this one a little. But you always wake up refreshed and thankful that you didn’t down those four Fireball shots at midnight.

3. You’d rather blow your biweekly salary in a grocery store than online shopping.

You might still spend it on things like Ben and Jerry’s or…no, just lots of Ben and Jerry’s, but you’re fighting the impulse to throw your credit card number at anything cute on the internet. Which is good, but also a sure sign that you’re becoming an adult.

4. You’ve become an advocate for things you didn’t know existed before, like eight consecutive hours of sleep and a balanced diet.

Although you might not be able to exactly participate in these activities, you know they’re what you should be doing and you can’t wait to actually get there.

5. You take your health seriously.

Remember when you used to not get flu shots because you read somewhere once that they maybe don’t actually work all the time? Those days are over because you and your physician have become good friends since you’ve started taking care of yourself.

6. You don’t play games with text messages anymore.

Unless it’s one of the new games that Apple has put into their messages app, you don’t meditate on every text you send. No more of that “she waited thirty minutes to respond, so I’ll wait forty-five” bologna.

7. You write 'Thank You' notes.

Whether someone sent you some food while you were feeling sick or you just want to thank your professors for an awesome semester, you’ve become a 'Thank You' note pro. I do suggest that, by the way. Thanking your professors. It doesn’t take a lot of time, and a little effort goes a long way…just sayin’ #lifetip

8. You make time for fun.

Because all adulthood is really about is a healthy, balanced lifestyle. And not just when it comes to what you put in your body.

You can’t fight it; it’s going to happen regardless. So you might as well embrace the signs of early adulting and ride that maturity wave all the way to the shore of success. Whatever that may mean to you.