9 Everyday Occurrences Of The 21st Century Scarier Than Halloween

There is nothing worse than it. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

39
Warner Bros. Pictures

During ~spooky~ times, there are only a handful of things that could scare you worse than haunted houses, horror movies, and the scariest of costumes.

1. 7 missed calls from Mom

AKA END OF LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT. No one messes with Momma Bear, honey.

2. Losing the keys to your dorm

Nothing like spending $125+ on a set of keys for your roommates and yourself. Not to mention the changing of locks!

3. This one is for all the boys out there: COMMITMENT.

Seriously, what is it with you boys?

4. No Internet.

It's the worst thing in general, but imagine the horror if you absolutely NEEDED it... whoa.

5. Being between lanes with a semi-truck and a concrete wall on the other side.

All driving confidence you had immediately dissipates.

6. When a person doesn't have social media.

I get it... sort of. You're trying to be cool and distant, but it's 2017. Get with the program, man.

7. The short distance from your light switch to your bed.

I would walk calmly, but something might get me!

8. Clowns.

They were once children's entertainment, but now they're dangerous because of Stephen King's "It" and the killings that happened a few years back... and apparently, they're now sexualized because of Bill Skarsgard.

9. This tweet from Jake Paul.