8 Reasons Why Your Mom Is Your Best Friend

Because mothers really know best.

17257
Lexie Metz

A mom is defined by the dictionary as, "A woman in relationship to a child or children to whom she as given birth." While this may be the dictionary's definition, I beg to differ that a mom is so much more than that. A mom, is a role model, a caregiver, a worst enemy, but most importantly, a best friend. An average mom carries a child in her womb for approximately nine months. During the nine months, she already knows who you are before you can even comprehend that you exist and already loves you unconditionally. Now, the dictionary defines a best friend as, "one's closest and dearest friend." Doesn't that sound more accurate?

1. She has seen you at your worst.

Whether you're sick as a dog curled around the toilet on the bathroom floor, or sobbing horrifically with mascara streaming down your face, your mom has seen it all. She will be there to hold your hair, grab the make-up wipes, or pick you up from that party that got too out of hand two blocks down the street on a Saturday night.

2. You can talk to her for hours.

"He said, she said" never goes away. Your mom could listen for hours on who said what, and why so and so is just "too immature these days." And after your done ranting, she'll offer the best advice on the situation even if you don't believe it at first. Once you're done your part though, you take in all the "adult gossip" and finish the night laughing with one another at how annoying everyone just seems to besides the two of you.

3. She will keep all of your secrets.

A bond between a mother and daughter is unbreakable. You can tell her what you did last weekend, and swear her to secrecy knowing she will not tell a single soul. You tell her things you wouldn't even tell your closest friends. And if you have a real keeper, she won't even tell Dad! Besides, who will keep her secrets if she doesn't keep yours?

4. She tells you how it is.

If the shorts are too short, she'll tell you. If that eye shadow is just not your color, she'll tell you. If that boy can't be trusted, she'll tell you. It's like moms have a sixth sense for that sort of thing, ya know? Other friends may tell you that the shorts look fine because they want to leave the store, or tell you the guy is the one, just because her boyfriend is best friends with him... but not your mom.

5. She keeps your life together.

Whether you want to admit it or not, moms really do all of the behind the scenes work starting from your diaper days. From day one, she has been picking up your crap (literally). As a teen, she touches your nasty uniforms, and supplies the ultimate satisfyer, food! Even into your adult years, your mom won't let you fall. Whether it's watching the kids while you enjoy a night out or helping out with a payment or two, your mom will have your back.

6. She will laugh with you when no one else is.

A rumor leaked and you feel like your the talk of the local high school or even the town. All of your friends sided against you and you are left with nothing to do but sit on the couch by yourself on the weekends. You can count on your mom to take you shopping to ease the humility or even watch "Gossip Girl" on Netflix till your so involved in fanatical drama to worry about your own. She'll be there when no one else thinks it's "cool" to be.

7. She will take any bullet necessary.

Some friends may say they'll sit in the slammer with you, but your mom will actually be the one locked up with you if necessary. You're her daughter -- she will do her best to protect you from anything without even second-guessing herself.

8. She loves you unconditionally.

A mother's love is forever. No one else's is guaranteed. Without my mom, I have no idea where I would be today. Probably, lost and confused in my own little world. Because of her love and friendship, I have been successful in everything I have tackled so far. Even when we have little petty fights, I know I am always forgiven. My mom is my best friend, and if you considered the list above, I'm sure yours is too.