8 Reasons Why We All Irrationally Hate Alabama Football

Hate is putting it lightly. No one in their right mind want to see them win. But did they ever really do anything besides crush all our hopes and dreams? Yes, yes they did.

4425

College football is like a real life version of "Mean Girls"the hate runs deep and the rivalries never mix. But if there is one thing that almost everyone can stand behind, it is the deep and passionate hate for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Reasons stated below.

1. Nick Saban

Let's be real, he is probably the only reason we need. He's this miserable little man who never fails to look like he would rather be getting a root canal than getting paid $6.9 million a year. His stacked coaching career and complete disregard for his player's well-being really just makes him the center of our Bama hate. And did we mention he wears cargo shorts?

2. Fans

Bama fans are made up of exactly two groups: those admitted and those not. It's reasonable to say about 20% (even a little too generous) were actually able to get into the school while the rest probably don't know what a tide is and how exactly it works. Not to mention in 2014 they were voted the Number One Most Rude & Arrogant Fan Base in America. But then again, most of the comments looked like the votes came from LSU fans so...

They also cry. A lot.

3. Crimson Tide

Ok what even is this? Someone please tell me. Do we really want it to roll? And who decided all of this was OK? Because if you type it into Urban Dictionary it really does not sound like something you want as a mascot.

4. Big Al

An elephant? You're joking. First of all, he is probably the least intimidating creature I have ever seen and that's coming from a school that has a Border Collie as a mascot. And like where did he come from? The tide? Does he also control it? All I'm saying is there are some serious discrepancies going on with this one.

5. Pom Poms

Who is making the executive decisions here? Oh wow I remember when I was in high school. Granted, that's where most Bama fans ended their education so I guess that makes sense. I'm sorry, that was a little uncalled for but like doesn't your arm get tired? And are they related to said "Tide"...

Update: according to google, they are called "Shakers" and are completely different than pom poms - makes sense.

6. No one remembers their losses

SOMETIMES THEY DO LOSE, OK? It's like this weird thing where no one ever remembers their losses. In 2007, they had a 3 game SEC losing streak (yes a big whopping three) and in 2012 Johnny Football gave a new meaning to 29-24 so #neverforget.

7. Houndstooth

Wow make it stop, please. Bear Bryant was really not some iconic fashionista so let's just let the heinous pattern rest in peace. The "crimson" (red) mixed with the black and white leaves us seriously questioning your school's colors and partially blind from the amount of clashing patterns.

8. They win. A lot.

It's getting real old. Borderline intolerable actually. Their football team is like this big household name now and like there is more to the SEC OK? We say this now but a new era is beginning (fingers crossed) so hopefully soon we'll be able to hate them for just Saban instead.