8 Reasons October Is The Best Month Of The Year

An entire day devoted to costumes and candy? I'm here for it.

216
Travel Portland

Everyone has a favorite month of the year, whether it's because of a birthday, holiday, season changes, or any other number of things. But regardless of what your favorite month of the year is, there is no doubt that October is the best one. Fall colors? October has it. Sunny days? October still has it. An entire day devoted to candy? October OWNS it.

1. Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING comes back.

Let's not kid ourselves, sometimes too much pumpkin spice is too much. Laundry detergent? That probably doesn't need to be pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice donuts, lattes, creamers, bread, cookies, and more? Now that's something I can get behind. Yes, it may be a little overboard, but it only comes around once a year, so why not enjoy it while it lasts.

2. Fall colors are in full bloom.

Winter can be wonderful as the sun sparkles off the freshly fallen snow. Spring can be pretty as trees grow their leaves back and flowers start blooming. Summers can be beautiful as nature is at full mast, but fall colors are second to none. Taking a walk through a park on a brisk October day (holding a pumpkin spice latte maybe?) as the leaves change colors and start to fall is a sight to see.

3. However, the sun still makes an appearance every once in a while.

When the sun is shining on a chilly October morning, it almost guarantees you're going to have a good day. Walking out of the house in the morning with the sun on your face mid-October is an amazing feeling and a huge reason as to why October is the best.

4. You can start breaking out the fall outfits.

This is one of the best parts of when October starts. Being able to start wearing your comfy jeans, cute jackets, hats, and scarves opens up a whole new wardrobe. September can bring this weather sometimes too, but October takes the cake for me.

5. Pumpkin patch dates are all the rage.

Let's be honest, pumpkin patches could be one of the cutest dates ever. The aesthetic of it all is wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I know for single people it can be tough seeing Instagram feeds full of couple pictures, but it still a great idea.

6. Halloween movies ALL THE TIME

"Halloween Town," "Ghost Busters," "Friday the 13th," "Hocus Pocus," "Edward Scissorhands," the list goes on and on. October is the time when you can binge all the best Halloween movies and not feel bad at all.

7. All of the cool Halloween costumes

Whether you DIY your own costume, buy one from Party City or use your sibling's old one, costumes are awesome. Going out on Halloween, going to Halloween parties, and participating in costume contests all help make October the best time.

8. And of course, Halloween itself

An entire day devoted to costumes and candy? Are you kidding me? If that one day doesn't make October the best month of the year, then I don't know what will.