8 Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas

8 Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Try any of these recipes for a quick meal before that 9:35 class you tried so hard to avoid adding to your schedule.

59
8 Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas

1.) Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

Two-ingredient banana pancakes are a very quick and healthy alternative to the original. They have the same texture as regular pancakes, but you can definitely taste the banana so if you're not a big fan of them you may want to skip this one.

Serving Size: 1-2

Time: 10 minutes

Step 1: Using a blender, mix 2 eggs with one banana. These are your two main ingredients. If you want to add a bit more flavor, try adding a spoonful of any of the following to the mix:

• Greek yogurt
  • Honey
  • Cacao
  • Almond butter
  • Peanut butter

Step 2: Once everything is blended, pour your mix into a bowl or cup.

Step 3: Add only a spoonful of the mix to your pan for each pancake because they will expand to at least three times the size

Step 4: Cook on medium for a few minutes until the edges look a little dark, then flip!

Step 5: Top with berries, fruit, cinnamon, yogurt, honey, jam, granola, nuts or anything else you want and enjoy guilt-free! You can also buy all natural (nothing added) maple syrup and add a spoonful of that too!

2.) Acai/Smoothie Bowls

Smoothie bowls taste amazing and are so filling when you add the right ingredients. I will be providing my own recipe, but there are many other ways to make smoothie bowls! Basically just make your favorite kind of smoothie and then add granola, berries, nuts, seeds and anything else you like.

Serving size: 2

Time: 5 minutes

Step 1: Using a blender, mix the following:

• 1 package of Acai (can be bought at whole foods or ordered online)
  • A handful of blueberries
  • 3 large strawberries
  • 1 small-medium size banana
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon all natural peanut butter.
  • 2-3 ice cubes

Step 2: Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with:

• Granola
  • Chia Seeds
  • Hemp seeds
  • Flax seeds
  • Pecans
  • Walnuts
  • Berries
  • Cacao Nibs

Step 3: ENJOY

3.) Greek Yogurt with honey, berries and walnuts

Photo: Greecologies, Soho NY

When you get the right kind of greek yogurt, it is full of protein. Read the ingredients on the back of the label to make sure there is no sugar or other junk added!

4.) Banana Sushi

Note: This is an original recipeServing Size: 1

Time: 5 minutes (Unless refrigerating first)

Ingredients:

• 1 banana
  • Peanut-butter
  • Granola
  • Honey (Optional)

Peel your banana and spread a medium layer of peanut butter around it evenly. Then pour granola on a plate and roll the banana in it.

From here you can either slice the banana into 6-8 pieces and enjoy, or you can wrap it in tinfoil and let it sit in the fridge for a bit to harden and taste more like a cold treat when you take it out to eat later.

5.) Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a super filling meal with protein and fiber, but when you buy the pre-packaged, flavored kind it tends to be full of unnecessary added sugar. Instead, make sure to buy plain rolled oats and use this recipe to add your own flavor.Serving Size: 2-3

Time: 10

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rolled oats
  • Milk (or water)
  • 1 sliced apple
  • 1 cup chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons of organic, all natural apple sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
  • All Natural Maple Syrup

Optional:

• Peanut butter
  • Berries
  • Honey

People tend to like the texture of their oatmal either thick or runny. If you like it runny, I would suggest 2 cups of milk (or water) for every cup of oats. If you prefer your oatmeal thick, use about 3/4 - 1 cup of milk (or water) for every cup of oats.

Step 1: Using your stovetop, bring milk/water to a boil and then stir in your oats. Once mixed in, bring stove to a medium temperature.

Step 2: Soon after pouring in your oats, add your apples (and any berries you want to add) so that they cook along with the oats and become soft. Then add the ground cinnamon, applesauce and chia seeds after the oats have cooked for about a minute or two.

Step 3: Continue stirring for about 5 minutes, then turn off the stove once you've check that the oats are cooked to your liking.

Step 4: Top with maple syrup, honey or peanut butter and enjoy!

6.) Rice Cakes

Although some experts say rice cakes are a healthy alternative to toast, others say rice cakes have little nutritional value. However, because rice cakes are generally gluten free and vegan, they are beneficial for people with these dietary restrictions.

Try them with nut butters, fruits, jams, preserves, turkey and cheese, the list goes on. You can top rice cakes with just about anything for a quick breakfast!

7.) Avacado Toast

Photo: Two Hands, NYC

Avocado toast is an obvious one. Some healthy topping options to add flavor are tomatoes, feta and spices or an egg sunny-side up.

8.) Frozen Yogurt Berries

This is another incredibly easy option. Cover your favorite berries and fruits in an all natural greek yogurt and freeze them overnight. Take them out the next morning and eat on the go!