8 Quarantine Ideas You Can Do By Yourself To Fight Boredom

Staying at home for multiple months and not being able to step outside is very hard (to say the least). Sometimes having too much free time can be a problem, just as having too little can be.

24
https://unsplash.com/photos/GwD3z579c94

In this article I am going to give anyone having a hard time staying at home ideas for what to do, to make it more fun!

1. Movie marathons!

Every single movie you ever wanted to see you now can watch. Thanks to Hulu, Netflix, and of course our dear friend putlocker.com! Get out your list of movies whether it be: action, adventure, or a silly comedy with Steve Carell. Go make a list of your top movies you've been wanting to watch, then search/download them, and get them ready for nights where you could use some laughter. Maybe even make some microwave popcorn too, and enjoy!

2. Room Decoration

Being in the same room can really take a toll on your mental health. Especially if your room feels dull, lacking inspiration, or maybe even like a lovely tornado hit it. The best thing to do in this case is first to clean up your room and then go searching on youtube for DIYs to spice it up. Some of my personal favorites are: photo collages, DIY polaroid string chains, and DIY posters with quotes that create inspiration.

3. Learn Photography Editing

I get that being at home can make you miss all the adventures you used to go on dearly. But, a thing that might help in this case is to start looking through your old photos, save the ones that bring the most joy, and find different applications/ editing software you can use to make them almost come alive. Enhancing the contrast, vibrancy, and even adding your own details through these applications can be plenty of fun and bring back good memories.

4. Make your own music

Writing songs can be very intimidating, but a wonderful experience if you give it a try. Come up with your own story you want to sing about, add a little rhyme scheme, a beat to follow, and that's really all you need. Once you finally have your song finished it is so fulfilling to be able to sing it out loud for the first time. You might just want to keep making more and add your own instrumental. There are plenty of websites where you can design your own instrumental.

5. Make a Youtube channel

Being by yourself a lot more can be quite lonely. Something that might seem risky, but definitely worth it, is making your own youtube channel. Figure out what kind of videos you are interested in making, make your own personalized username, channel art, and get going. It can help connect you to more people and get more in touch with who you are and how you express yourself.

6. Make your own recipe from scratch.

Being alone a lot can really make you feel sad. Something I recommend to help feel better every now and then is indulging in comfort food. If you are new to cooking or baking, perhaps try out recipes and figure out what kind of ingredients would make the best cupcakes or cookies. Then when you are feeling more confident, create your own recipe. If you are living with friends and family, you can share what you made to help comfort them through these hard times too. Sometimes the perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie truly feels like a warm hug on a hard day.

7. Create a spa day for yourself

You can order a brand new hair mask, bath bombs, and maybe a new nail polish online. Once it comes in the mail, create a bath, listen to relaxing music, and spend the day focusing on just pure relaxation. If you have scented candles that help relax you, use those too. Anything to keep your mind at ease during your own spa day will be wonderful.

8. Dye your hair

The same old routine from being inside all day can be hard. I know that it is intimidating, but dying your hair can be a lot of fun and is a great way to change things up. If you want just regular highlights, try a new lightening spray. If you have always wanted to dye your hair a cute pastel color, go for it! There are many well-known, and trusted hair dyes that you can get and try for yourself. If you want to try a fun color, but don't want it to be permanent, experiment with hair chalk, temporary hair sprays, or even temporary color. If it doesn't turn out great, who cares?! That's the beauty of not having to go outside for a while.