8 Must-Dos For Your Next NYC Trip

8 Must-Dos For Your Next NYC Trip

They don't call it "the city that never sleeps" for nothing.
75

Very few things beat the sight of seeing the high rises of New York City, experiencing the hustle and bustle of downtown, being in the city that never sleeps. I recently was able to go back to my favorite place, New York City, and have compiled my own list of the best things to do for your next visit to the City.

1. Visit the Empire State Building.

If you want the ultimate view of the city, then look no further than the Empire State Building. Not only can you get a mind-blowing view from the 80th floor, surrounded by glass windows, but you can also venture up to the 86th for the famous outdoor viewing. The sight before you will truly take your breath away.

2. Go to the World Trade Center Memorial and Museum.

It is near-impossible to not think about 9/11 when going to New York, so it’s only fitting to pay respects and visit the memorial. The two ponds that sit in the original foundations of the towers, adorned with the names of each and every victim is both beautiful, yet incredibly tragic. The outdoor memorial is free to the public, but for those wanting to visit the museum, I can’t recommend it enough. It is hands-down the best museum I’ve ever been to. It is extremely emotional, but worth every second.

3. Walk around Times Square.

This one seems like an obvious one. Arguably the most famous spot in the world, you simply can’t go to New York City without seeing the bright lights and excitement of Time Square. You. Have. To. Go.

4. See the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

I’ve had the privilege of visiting the Statue of Liberty multiple times in the past, but it wasn’t until this last trip that I experienced Ellis Island. As the great-granddaughter of an Italian immigrant who came through Ellis Island, it was simply unforgettable. Being able to see my great-grandfather Giuseppe’s name in their outside memorial, put there by my own grandfather was so special and so moving. Being there reinforced in me what our country was founded upon, the freedom for endless possibilities to achieve the American Dream.

5. Visit Rockefeller Center.

This one is especially a must if you’re visiting the city in the winter. If you’re lucky enough to go then, you better bring your ice skating skills because there is nothing like ice skating amongst the skyscrapers and the classic tree. If you visit in the summer, don’t worry, it’s still beautiful and a great spot to see.

6. Do the NBC Studio Tour.

Fan of SNL? Love Jimmy Fallon? How about just TV in general? Well, then you better grab your tickets to this must-see tour! In the classic NBC Studios, you’ll be right at the home to some of the most influential and groundbreaking shows in American culture! Don’t wait until the last minute for this one, because trust me, they will sell out!

7. Enjoy Ellen’s Stardust Diner.

I 10/10 recommend this to anyone, especially a theater lover! Ellen’s Stardust Diner is a New York staple. It brings a completely new approach to dinner and a show. Pack in, sip on their mouth-watering milkshakes and listen in awe as the waiting staff belts it out to show tunes, classics, and hits alike. This one is the ultimate entertaining dining experience.

8. See a Broadway Show.

If you’re in the entertainment capital, you need, need, need to see a show. It’s the right of passage to visiting New York. Nowhere else can you experience the rich and decades of artistic history. You can’t go wrong when it comes to Broadway. So, grab some tickets and enjoy. And don’t forget to enter some lotteries or check out the TKTS in Time Square if you’re looking to ball on a budget.

There is truly nowhere in the world like New York City. With endless possibilities and excitement beyond belief, you’ll never want to leave. It’s my favorite place. And I assure you, after you see it, it will be yours, too.