8 Must-See Lollapalooza 2018 Performances That Aren't Headliners

Tune in August 2-5, 2018.

216
Mac Veh

If you haven't heard of it by now, this year's Lollapalooza lineup is one of the best in the past few years. With huge names as headliners, and countless artists and bands playing before them, this Lolla will be one for the books. Here are 8 artists/bands you HAVE to see at Lollapalooza 2018.

1. Khalid

With his debut album doing so well on the charts, it's not surprising that he is taking the stage in Chicago this summer. With him performing on the opening day of Lollapalooza, I can assure you that it will be a great start to the weekend. Check out his album "American Teen" on all music platforms to get ready for his setlist.

2. LANY

Unless you listen to this type of music, the indie/electronic group LANY is probably unknown to you. But their presence on Thursday's lineup should not go unnoticed. The feel-good vibes and chill, dancing songs will ensure a memorable performance! Check out "ILYSB" and "pink skies" for some of the classic hits by LANY.

3. James Bay

While everyone knows [or should know] who James Bay is, that doesn't take away from how wonderful I think his Lollapalooza return will be. His music is a nice break from the upbeat and electronic vibes a lot of the other artists in the lineup have. His acoustic music and use of traditional instruments will bring a refreshing change to this year's Lollapalooza lineup.

4. Lauv

If you haven't heard "I Like Me Better" or "Easy Love" by this up and coming artist, I would suggest turning the radio on. Lauv brings a whole new spin on romance-based music. His wholesome songs and lyrics are truly beautiful, and I can't wait to see how his performance will be on Friday.

5. Dua Lipa

Like many of these other artists, Dua Lipa is climbing up the music industry. Starting in the United Kingdom, this girl-power icon has made her case for why she deserves to be on this list. Her anthems can be heard all over radio stations and I can only assume that her performance will be one of the best. Listen to her self-titled album to learn what everyone is talking about.

6. A R I Z O N A

Growing in popularity, ARIZONA has become the artist to listen to on any type of road trip. The upbeat and positivity of the music make any car, train, or plane ride seem enjoyable. ARIZONA has hits for the summer and I'm sure that their appearance at Lollapalooza 2018 will be nothing less than entertaining.

7. Rainbow Kitten Surprise

If you know this band, you should probably be writing this, not me. Rainbow Kitten Surprise is a band that sneaks past you with songs that are catchy and unique. The indie group brings another type of refreshing change from the major pop and hip-hop artists that filter through radio stations. While their performance will be definitely different from the headliners, the style of music will make it just as intriguing.

8. Quinn XCII

As a student in Michigan, I have to support Quinn XCII. Not only is he from Grosse Pointe, but he attended Michigan State before he blew up in the music industry. Still, on his way up the charts, Quinn XCII found a way to blend pop, hip-hop, and electronic music into one form, and basically created a new genre of music. I can hope that his performance will not only wow you, but be proud of MSU's alumni!