8 Important Bible Verses That Pertain To BLM

"Hate what is evil. Hold on to what is good."

7731
Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

The death of George Floyd has left me feeling angry, confused, and sad. In one moment I am filled with so many thoughts about the injustice of it all, and the next moment I find myself completely at a loss for words. Speechless. Sometimes finding the right words to say might be the ones from some of the oldest books in the world — The Bible. Here are eight important Bible verses that pertain to BLM and social justice.

"The Lord judges in favor of the oppressed and gives them their rights." 

Psalms 103:6

"So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless."

1 Corinthians 15:58

"I, the Lord, command you to do what is just and right. Protect the person who is being cheated from the one who is cheating him."

Jeremiah 22:3

"Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good. Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another."

Romans 12:9

"Be happy with those who are happy, weep with those who weep. Have the same concern for everyone."

Romans 12:15-16

"'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.' If you love others, you will never do them wrong." 

Romans 13:9-10

"Help carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will obey the law of Christ."

Galatians 6:2

"And to all these qualities, add love, which binds all things together in perfect unity."

Colossians 3:14