7 Ways To Save On Halloween Expenses Without Saving On the Fun

Whether a kid or an adult, we all get super excited about this blissful event from the very beginning of October.

66
Google (Labelled for reuse images)

The most awaited and fun time of the year is almost here i.e. Halloween. Whether a kid or an adult, we all get super excited about this blissful event from the very beginning of October. This is the only time of the year when you can dress like a witch and eat as many candies as you want and nobody will judge you for that, nor you will care about carbs. What the issue is that we may get too much excited about it that we end up spending so much of money. At first, Halloween preparation does not seem too much but as the event comes near, we realize that there are so many things we need to spend our hard-earned money on. Regardless how you spent previous Halloween, you don’t need to break your bank account this year. Try this simple yet effective money saving tips without sacrificing on the fun.

1. Costumes

Undoubtedly, this is one of the most important aspects of Halloween. All of us want to look different and blow our friends away. However, most people end up spending a lot of their money, time, and energy. Don’t buy a very expensive costume, instead, you can always count on the thrift stores when it comes to Halloween shopping. But make sure not to hit the store in last days because it gets too crowded.

You can also go for pool resources like gather all of your friends at your place and ask them to bring everything that might useful for Halloween costume. Do you have a feather boa left over from a party? A crop top that you don’t wear anymore? Bring everything and you might end up having a great costume idea.

2. Candy

This is my favorite part about Halloween! Whether you are planning to give sweet treats to kids or buy candy for a party, you need to have a wide variety to keep everyone happy. Don’t go for pre-packaged packs, it will only cause spend a lot of your money. Instead, try a bulk food store but make sure that you keep your debit and credit cards at home because these places are so awesome that you want to buy everything. Wrapped gums, toffee bites, miniature candy bars, lollipops – you can buy all these in bulk for a far cheaper price.

3. Decorations

Don’t go to the supermarket and buy expensive decoration stuff. Instead, hit the thrift store again and save money on décor shopping. If you are good at searching, you can find some amazing decorations like window decals and spider webbing. Also, if you find skeletons or dolls, you can paint them and make a creepy display.

Moreover, every area has a Dollar store so make sure to visit one. Show some creativity and make bats, skulls, pumpkins, and much more with the decoration stuff you buy.

4. Look for Coupons

Whether costumes, treats, decorations or any other Halloween preparation, you can always count on coupon websites. Check Coupon Buffer and save a major amount of your money on every purchase you make.

5. Meals and Drinks

Every celebration is incomplete without delicious foods and drinks. You can ask your guests to contribute to the buffet. You can even add it to your invitations that every visiting witch, ghost, zombie, vampire, sorcerer, and goblin must bring an offering. This way, the event won’t be costly for you and you might experience new snacks and drinks.

6. Pumpkins

Pumpkin is the most iconic symbol of the season, it is more like mandatory to have it on Halloween. Don’t buy pumpkin earlier in the Halloween season, instead, wait until 30th October or so. When you buy pumpkins right before Halloween, you can save a major amount of money as shopkeepers offer deep discounts to clear out the inventory.

7. Be Flexible

When it comes to Halloween shopping, one should be flexible and creative with the plan. If you can’t find something at a cheaper price, be smart and creative to find its alternative or create it on your own.