7 Times Bob Ross Was So Relatable

7 Times Bob Ross Was So Relatable

One paint stroke at a time.
160

Bob Ross is known by all as the soothing voice of painting tutorial videos. Even though he died in 1995, Bob’s words are so relatable that you will seriously think about spending an entire day listening to him talk.

1. “Ever make mistakes in life? Let’s make them birds. Yeah, they’re birds now.”

What makes this so relatable is the fact that something we think went wrong can be shaped into something good. Glass half empty or glass half full? You choose.

2. “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb, because that’s where the fruit is!”

Going out of our comfort zones is the only place that we’ll get to try new things, and maybe even find something that we didn’t realize we love, or a new interest to pursue.

3. “Gotta have the opposites dark and light, light and dark in painting. It’s like in life.”

There are two sides to every story, and the general struggle between good and evil relates to our own lives and tends to make for great motion pictures. At some point in your life, there’s going to be something you don’t necessarily want to do, but those types of things balance out with the enjoyable ones.

4. “Look around, look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere - you only have to look to see.”

You can find beauty in even the simplest things like snow, sunsets, and raindrops. Sometimes we can forget to be thankful for what we have, and close our eyes to the beautiful colors of the world instead of appreciating them.

5. “Trees don’t always grow straight, they grow however makes them happy.”

No matter who you are, what you do, or what you look like, you don’t have to follow the status quo. Society might encourage one way of thinking or acting, but happiness does not have to mean the same thing to you as it does to others.

6. “Talent is just pursued interest.”

As they say, practice makes perfect. If you’re not willing to put in the work towards something, don’t expect results. While sheer talent sometimes comes into play, dedication is what will allow you to reach your goals.

7. “The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it.”

The first step to achieving is believing. It doesn’t matter if everyone in the world believes in you, you have to believe in yourself. The sky really is the limit, and anything is achievable. Don’t let your own fears get in the way.