7 Things You Wish You Knew Before Moving In With Your Boyfriend

Living with someone is a big commitment so knowing some things beforehand may help in the long-run

7
Izismile

Before living with your boyfriend, life is totally different and there are some things that you probably will wish you knew before you took the big step to live with each other.

Here are 7 things you wish you knew before you took the step to live with your boyfriend.

1. The dishes

Remember when you would go over to his place before you lived with each other and the dishes were always piled up, but you figured they were always his roommate's dishes? However, now that you live with him, the dishes seem to stack up the same way they did when you guys lived separately. And it doesn't matter if they are all of his dishes, he automatically thinks you should clean them like you're his mom.

2. The toilet seat

It doesn't matter how many times you tell him. For some reason every time he has to pee it slips his mind to put the seat back down. So make sure your eyes are always open when you're going to the bathroom because you might just fall in the toilet. Which sucks, trust me.

3. Quality time

It might seem as though you don't make time for each other as you once did. Before you lived with each other you had to plan out the days and time you guys could hang out, but now you're sitting with each other almost all the time, so much that you may take it for granted and don't actually make as much time for each other as you used to. It's almost like you're becoming roommates instead of being in a relationship.

4. Food

What are we going to eat? What do you want? I don't know? What do you want? I'm not really hungry. I'm starving. But I don't know what I want to eat! Do you know what you want? Ew, I don't like that! Can we eat something else? No, I don't like that either! Want to eat leftovers? No, not really. I think I'll just make something and you can make whatever you want, etc.. This conversation seems to go on forever.

5. Technology

Remember when you didn't live with each other, so when you would get together your phones would almost be nonexistent? But now that you live with each other, their phone, tablet, and laptop might seem to be the only thing they care about when they are around you.

6. Priorities

Maybe you used to be the number one priority, but now that you live together, being number one slowly fades and other life things seem to become more important than you.

7. Affection

Remember those cute kisses, the hugs, the cuddles everytime you would see each other? Well, when you live with together those things don't seem to matter. Sure, you kiss and cuddle sometimes, but it's not every time you see them like it once was.