Things You Will Miss From Summer

7 Things You Will Miss From Summer

Some things you will miss come December.

8183
A happy person lounges at the pool

As August comes to an end, fall approaches quickly with Halloween candy and decorations creeping onto the shelves of drugstores just a little too early. It all happens too fast. Here's a reflection of all the things we are desperately holding onto as our summer comes to a close and classes begin:

1. That tan you worked so hard for.

That tan you started working on even before spring break will soon fade away as the UV index drops and the sun begins to set before that 8 o'clock sunset time you became used to all summer.

2. The comfort of throwing on athletic shorts and t-shirts.

How many times did you opt to wear those Nike shorts and t-shirts out and about? Those warm days that let you do that won't last for long.

A young person comfortably wears athletic shorts and a T-shirt at the beach

3. Having all the time in the world to work and make money.

As the semester begins, your paychecks either will completely disappear or your work hours dwindle away as you now try to juggle classes, commitment to organizations, and social life into your busy schedule. Now it's time to be thrifty.

4. Traveling.

Those adventures out-of-town, out-of-state, out-of-country, etc. You were packing up and getting away just when your work week got to be too much.

5. Beach access.

A canoe sits in a large lake

90 degree days at the beach relaxing and watching dogs play in the water. Kayaking, paddle boarding, boating, fishing all the water activities you can think of.

6. Late-night drives with your friends from home.

You spent your summer finally catching up with your hometown friends and then soon enough you're parting ways once again. You promise to keep in touch better this school year.

7. Home-cooked meals.

There's nothing like being home and having your favorite home-cooked meals almost every night after you have consumed a less than desirable amount of meals from your school's dining hall.

A home-cooked meal of chicken and vegetables on a plate

Although we are forced to give up these luxuries that my favorite season grants us, fall will have its own treasures. Reflect back on your summer and be grateful for those memories in your time of excitement for this new school year to begin!