7 Things You Should Do During Fall

7 Things You Should Do During Fall

The season of Fall brings many opportunities, take advantage of them!

8
7 Things You Should Do During Fall
New Evolution Designs

Well, as of September 22 fall came into full swing, sort of. The weather definitely hasn't caught on but, hopefully it will be that way soon. There are many great parts of fall, the trees changing colors, the weather is not warm but also not cold, football, bonfires, and thanksgiving! Those are just my few favorite things about fall, although there are so many more. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I know many people enjoy it. Here are some things to do when the season of fall comes around and none of these things include pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks or maybe they do.

1. Apple Picking

Apple picking has always been a number one hit for my family and we've always loved to do it. This year I am actually making my boyfriend go and take me, we will see how well that goes. The number one place to pick apples around here is Eckert's at least that's where I've always picked my apples. Apple picking is best to go when it's finally starting to cool off but, when it's obviously not freezing because who would want to do that?

2. Corn Mazes and Hayrides

I put these two together because more often than not they go together. There's many corn mazes around and also many night hayrides, some people even put on their own. Although corn mazes can be a little freaky because we've all seen some scary movies and I'm sure some of them have involved corn and corn mazes sometimes.

3. Haunted Houses

I get scared very easily so haunted houses seem to be very entertaining for anyone that is with me. Although I like haunted houses doesn't mean they don't freak me out because sometimes I think I get more freaked out than everyone else. For example, one time I got chased by a guy with a chainsaw and ended up falling, not my finest moment. I'm sure I'll have many more of those not so fine moments again this year. Find yourself a haunted house!

4. Halloween Movies

Okay, so these probably aren't as popular as I like to think they are but who doesn't love Hocus Pocus or the Halloweentown movies, because if you say you don't, you're probably lying. Those are just some of the most popular movies but, Halloween movies and scary movies are always a good time especially the closer it gets to Halloween.

5. Football

Although football isn't my top choice sport it's in my top 5. Football is always a good time to watch even though STL no longer has a team (not like they were that good anyways) but, watching football on television can be fun also. Just don't watch with someone who doesn't understand or else you turn watching the game into a job.

6. Chili Cook Offs and Bonfires

I know some people haven't been to a chili cook off but, if you've never been to one, you need to find one. Chili cook offs are always a good time, we have one each year with my family and we have many different events during it and even other things besides chili. Just because you don't like chili doesn't mean you should skip it because it could still be a great time to socialize and doesn't mean you can't make your own chili! Also, bonfires because who doesn't love standing around a bonfire with a bunch of their friends or family and maybe even roasting some marshmallows.

7. Taking Time to Appreciate The Outside and Your Loved Ones

Thanksgiving is in the fall season so, although that is a day connected to giving thanks to everyone you should also be thinking about it all throughout the fall season. Also, take some time to appreciate the changing colors of the trees, the leaves falling off the trees, and the great weather. Take advantage of all that you can before that dreadful winter comes around.

Fall is a great time to enjoy with your family and friends. Don't forget to be thankful for all of them but, also be thankful for all the opportunities that come with fall along with all the good treats. Fall is my favorite season of the year and you bet I'll be taking advantage of all of this.