7 Things To Remember This Easter

7 Things To Remember This Easter

"If you have never felt or known the sheer power and strength of God's love, take another look at Jesus dying on the cross." - N. T. Wright

282

When you think of Easter, what comes to your mind? Do you think of eggs and bunnies? Or do you think about the Son of God and His love for us? I feel that too many times we get caught up in holidays and how the world wants us to celebrate them, instead of remembering why this is such a special day, and who we really should be celebrating for. Here are 7 things to keep in mind during, and after, Easter weekend.

1. Jesus gave up His life for you. (1 Peter 3:18)

Jesus gave you the ultimate sacrifice so that you would be forgiven of your sins. He went through hours of pain and torture, so that you may have a way for eternal life. You were not even born yet, and Jesus died on the cross for you. That's how much He loves you.

2. You will always be perfect in His eyes. (Psalm 139:14)

God created you. He hand picked your eye color, nose shape, and smile because that is exactly how He wanted you to look like. God created so many masterpieces in this world, and you are one of them.

3. If you ask for it, you will be forgiven. (1 John 1:9)

When Jesus was hanging on the cross, one of the other crucified prisoners said to Him, "Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned. Remember me when You come into Your kingdom." Jesus replied, "Amen I say to you, today you shall be with Me in paradise." The simple act of repenting to God, as He asked us to do, gives us the greatest gift of forgiveness. No matter how big or how small the sin. Jesus is waiting for us with His arms wide open. He does not judge, He only sees beauty inside each one of us. When we confess to the Lord, He reminds us once again, how much He loves us by freeing us from sin.

4. Praise Him, always. (1 Peter 4:11)

Not only does He want you to run to Him in times of struggle, but He also wants you to look to Him when you are having times of joy. He wants a relationship with you, in all the highs and lows of your life.

5. We should look to Him as an example. (Ephesians 5:1)

Jesus walked on this earth to give us the perfect example as humans. The heart He has is what we need to strive for. Forgiving, loving, and free of evil or judgment.

6. He never leaves us. (Joshua 1:9)

We may forget about Him, push Him away, or walk too far down the wrong path, but He never leaves us. He never turns His back on us. He is always right there, waiting with open arms, for us to turn back around and follow Him.

7. He went through so much for you. (Acts 17:2-3)

For many of us, we tend to forget what Jesus really went through. His suffering, His strength, His faith through all of the pain. Our troubles do not match up with His suffering on the cross for us. When you are feeling weak and tired, praise the Lord with all your heart, and He will give you strength.

Easter is more than just eggs and bunnies. Easter is a time to celebrate the amazing resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a time to remember what he did so that we may have an eternal life with Him in Heaven. During this Easter holiday, and the times to come after, I ask you to keep in mind the real reason for this special holiday.