7 Things To Do To Celebrate Halloween

7 Things To Do To Celebrate Halloween

Activities that put everyone in the Halloween mood!

27
7 Things To Do To Celebrate Halloween
www.pixelstalk.net

With October right around the corner, it is that time of the year where we have to put away the summer clothes, and bring out the cardigans and leggings. No one likes to think about how the weather will change from a nice, warm temperature to a cool, crisp breeze. However, there is one thing that can make October a much more appealing time for all.....Halloween! Seriously, who doesn't love Halloween time? A time where dressing up and knocking on strangers' doors for candy is completely normal, Halloween brings out the kid in everyone! Of course we all unfortunately reach an age where trick-or-treating becomes unacceptable to do (who made that a rule anyway?) But, there are still so many things you can do to celebrate Halloween, even as an adult!

1. You can still dress up even as an adult!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a grown adult and still wanting to dress up for Halloween. While you may not feel comfortable going door-to-door for candy anymore, there are still plenty of other things that can be done to celebrate the holiday! The best way to get away with dressing up as an adult is going to a Halloween party! Halloween parties are great because EVERYONE will be dressed up, so you don't have to feel self-conscious about being the only one in costume! This is a time where you can really get creative with what you wear. When you were a child, you went to the store and bought a cheap costume because, well lets be honest, you knew you weren't getting candy without that costume. Sure, it was fun dressing up, but who as a child was seriously creative enough to put together an authentic, creative costume? Definitely not me. Now that I am older and work, I have enough creativity (and money) to put together my own costume. Halloween parties are a perfect event to showcase that costume you worked so hard on, without looking crazy for wearing it in the first place!

2. Decorating your house!

Growing up on Halloween, the best houses to go to for candy were the houses that were the best decorated. Nothing made me more happy than walking up to the houses that used fog machines, scary music, or moving scary characters. Some houses would even go all out and create mini haunted houses in their driveway! Not only is decorating your house a way to celebrate Halloween yourself, but a way to help the kids celebrate the night when it comes. Even the tiniest bit of decorating can make Halloween night come alive for a child. Plus, wouldn't it be a bonus for you to have all your neighbors talking about how awesome your display of decorations are? I feel like that is every suburban mother's dream when the holidays come.

3. Corn mazes and haunted hayrides?!

This is something that is on my bucket list for this Halloween season! I actually have never done a corn maze or haunted hayride, but I hear so many awesome things about them! These activities are perfect for people who are a little too old to trick-or-treat, but yet a little too young to understand the appreciation for decorating your house. This is definitely something that high school/college students can get their friends together for and make a night of! If you are in the Buffalo area around Halloween time, about 45 minutes away in Gasport, NY is a place called "Becker Farms". Becker Farms is known for holding Halloween festivals that include corn mazes, hayrides, and many more Halloween activities at a decent admission price! If dressing up really isn't your thing, and you just don't have the time or care to decorate your house, maybe this is a Halloween event that can pertain to you!

4. Candy apples, candy corn, and just candy!

Who says once you're an adult you can only give out candy to children? Treat yourself and have that extra candy left over from Halloween night. After all that money you spent on candy, you deserve it. Don't just settle on the mini candy bars, make sure to treat yourself to some candy corn as well! That is Halloween's signature candy. && last but not least, get creative and make some candy apples! There are so many things you can coat apples with that turns the fruit into a sweet dessert, and for some reason the candy apples have a correlation with the Halloween season...but hey, I'm not complaining! If I can eat endless sweets all day & say it's being done to celebrate Halloween, I will gladly use Halloween as the reason for doing so.

5. Pumpkin carving!

C'mon, everyone knows that when Halloween time comes you are supposed to carve at least one pumpkin. Opening the pumpkin up, taking out the seeds, and hallowing the pumpkin out to carve it is all part of the experience! As gross as it might be, you truly feel like you are in the Halloween spirit. Get creative with your pumpkin carvings! Don't just limit yourself to the 5 stencils that come in the carving books at your local grocery store. Use the internet to look up some unique stencils, you can pick anything from a scary movie character to your child's favorite cartoon character! Doing this is a great way to get your kids involved in a family activity that helps celebrate Halloween before the night even comes! Also, don't forget to bake the pumpkin seeds that you carved out of the pumpkin. Throw some salt on them, and enjoy another Fall snack!

6. Haunted Houses!...

Another thing anyone can do once you outgrow trick-or-treating! Just warning now, this is NOT something I would take a child to. It definitely is something that can be very frightening, but so fun...especially with a group of friends! Typically, a good haunted house attraction will consist of 5 houses that take about 20-30 minutes to get through each, for a relatively low price! It is amazing how realistic the actors make the experience for you! Many of the houses are themed, and use amazing effects that make you believe you are truly in a horror movie. Some haunted houses go to the extreme and the characters actually grab you and pull you into separate rooms away from your friends! If you are looking for an adrenaline rush when it comes to celebrating Halloween, haunted houses are definitely the place to go!

7. Scary movies, obviously.

What is a Halloween season without any scary movies? Nonexistent. Seriously, I don't care if you do all six things named above to celebrate Halloween, your Halloween season is not complete unless you watch scary movies. From the old school Halloween movies, to the scary movies coming out in present day, you can seriously watch anything to get you in the mood for Halloween season. (Although, I think watching the original "Halloween" movie makes the feeling of celebrating Halloween authentic, but that's just me!) The best part about watching scary movies to celebrate Halloween is that you can combine it with some of the other things named to have an ultimate celebration! You can carve pumpkins and watch scary movies at the same time (my personal favorite), or you could even make candy apples/ eat candy while watching the movie! Who doesn't love a good snack to go with a movie? Nothing says Halloween time is coming more than cuddling up on the couch in cooler weather, and watching a scary movie.

Well, that's it! Anybody who was at a loss for what to do for Halloween, you now have some ideas of how to get in the celebrating mood! It is only September, but don't wait until the last minute to try to do all of these activities! If you try to rush them all into one weekend, you will not have time to appreciate all the potential memories to come of it. The best way to celebrate the Halloween season is to spread the events throughout the month, and you will truly feel like the whole month is an anticipation to the actual night of Halloween. I hope your Halloween celebrations are as eventful as mine will be!