6 Things That Happen When You Visit Your Best Friend At College

Best. Reunion. Ever.

696
Olivia Burgess

We all have best friends who decided to take separate paths after high school. Some stayed in the same state, others went clear across the country. No matter how far, you’re bound to visit them at some point. When you visit your very best friend you are bound to feel such a mix of emotion. Here are 6 things that happen when you visit your best friend at college:

1. You get to feel the joy of hugging her after however long apart

The last time you saw one another was through your tears when you were saying goodbye. This feeling of finally being reunited is one of the happiest you’ll ever feel. After months of texting, face-timing, and phone calls you finally get to be with her in person and it is the greatest feeling.

2. You get to see where she does life.

Instead of envisioning what her new life looks like you actually get to see it in person. You finally get to see her room and finally investigate just how many pictures she has hung up of you (If it is any less than five, she’s in trouble). She shows you where her classes are and the paths she takes every day. You finally get an inside look at her sorority house which she is absolutely obsessed with.

3. You begin to compare your college with hers.

You know you made the right decision for yourself but it is human nature to compare the two colleges no matter how happy you are at your new home. Unfortunately for me, I live in Meredith Hall at Purdue University A.K.A The Dirty Dith. For anyone who lives or has lived in it you understand how hard it is to feel like you have the better of the two dorms. You compare the way the two colleges function on game days, where everyone sets up, whether or not people go into the game, the outfits, everything. No matter what you compare it becomes very evident you two are living different lifestyles.

4. You meet her new friends.

If you are anything like me you want to make it known that nothing and no one is going to come between you and her. She is your person, soul-mate in friendship form, and your best friend, no one could ever replace you. Once you get that fact out of the way you can be your sweet, fun-loving self and turn on the charm because if your friend loves these new people then odds are you will too. Of course, you want them to like you as well because if they are going to be apart of her life then why not be friends with them too.

5. You may begin to feel a little sad

It’s hard to be away from the person you grew up with. But to see she has a whole new life with new people, it can make it a little bit harder. The reality hits that you are doing life in one place while she is 8 ½ hours away doing it in another. It’s a crazy, fun-filled, new chapter in both your lives that you are not doing together, which is hard.

6. You feel your heart get a little lighter.

You feel a joy in your heart because you see your best friend is happy, I mean pure happiness you only see for certain things. You can be at peace with the fact that even though she is so far away you know that she is safe and happy where she is at. You can feel excited for her in this new adventure she is on and you know she is more than capable of handling whatever will come her way.

To my best friend Julia, I am so beyond proud and happy for you. You are truly thriving where you are. I cannot wait to see where God takes you on your journey. I know he has you in his hands and will take care of you throughout this new chapter we are on. Thank you for showing me how Alabama does it, I can't wait to show you my home in West Lala. I love you!