7 Things College Students Inevitably Do When They’re Bored In The Summer

Summer time and the living is easy! Maybe too easy.
12

It's summertime and the living is easy! Maybe too easy. As the summer reaches its halfway points the sighs of bored college students can be heard around the nation. They’re missing their friends and working boring jobs all day long. Never fear. If you're a bored college student here are some things that you can do if you’re hitting a wall this summer.

1. Dream of homework

Stay with me now. Yeah, homework might be the worst but as the halfway point of summer draws near the probability of you being incredibly bored of your summer job is high. At this point, you’ve probably been having to deal with idiots on the daily and would love the solitude of doing calculus. After hours of talking to people all day, getting home to peace and quiet is incredible. Sweet, sweet seclusion, after dealing with people like this.

2. Get together with random friends

Oh yes, why not try to rekindle that friendship you had junior year of high school? I’m sure that won’t be award at all.

3. Pinterest. So. Much. Pinterest.

Pintrest is a dark hole that will suck you in for hours at a time. While in there you’ll probably come across a lot of DIY projects that will have you dreaming of redecorating your home for next year.

4. Give all your clothes away

This typically happens on those rainy afternoons in the summer when you’d rather be at the pool getting your tan on. One moment you’re looking for some cozy pajamas to wear and the next moment you look around and see half your closet is bagged up and ready to be taken to the Goodwill.

5. Shop. A lot.

Now since you’re at home making bank, work is such a love hate relationship, you’re finally able to buy all those things you’ve been saving in your online baskets since October. You’re no longer balling on a budget thanks to your summer job, so go ahead, you deserve those sandals and that shirt and that dress. Revamping your closet is a great way to pass the time and fill up your shelves after your go through your afternoon of clothing purges.

6. Movie marathon

Odds are some kind of Nicholas Sparks marathon is on somewhere on your TV. Avoid your responsibilities and dive into these romantic dramas. If that’s not really your speed I’m pretty sure the Twilight movies will also be on at some point. No one's going to judge you if you watch all five, I promise.

7. Call up your squad

If you’re bored and missing human interaction, odds are, so is your squad! Call them up for a little gossip session and plan a meetup! Even if you guys live too far away from each other it’s the ~thought~ that counts.

Hopefully, if you’re a bored college student like me, some of these suggestions can help you out. If not, well I’m sure it might be entertaining to come up with some of your own. Keep calm and remember summer is at its peak. If you’re missing your college life, it’ll be back before you know it, but in the meantime, happy summer!