7 Thing We Are Finally Getting Back To At UVA

It's great to be back at college.

7
msecnd.net

For me, summer break has felt like an eternity and I am ready to get back to college at last. Here are my top ten things I'm looking forward to experiencing again and I bet you are too.

1. College friends.

It has been months since you've seen some of these people and before you were basically seeing them every day. I know I'm psyched about getting back into the groove of chilling with my favorite people.

2. Having a routine.

I know I might be in the minority here, but I did not have a job or internship this summer and I have never been more bored. Watching YouTube till 6 am gets pretty old really fast and I'm looking forward to actually having things to do again that stop this awful sleep schedule. I am sick of waking up feeling like this.

3. Freedom again at last.

The free meals and stuff at home is great but even if you have your own car and are pretty independent you can't do ANYTHING you want. You still had to respect the wills and wishes of your parents, but now its time to pretend like we're adults and make horrible decisions about our health and sanity.

4. Perfectly toned calves will return.

I don't know about you but I've spent way too much of my summer not do anything resembling exercise. People talk about getting a beach bod but this is all a lie. The real ideal bod is that school walking bod. I've never been in better shape in my life and I played soccer in high school. Ready to get thin and have the best damn calves in my family.

5. Parties.

For some of you this may not be a problem, but for me my hometown is not really known for having great parties unless you consider guns being present as your ideal way of getting lit that night. Finally getting back to the parties and this year I might actually know enough people to get in. (I'm totally the guy in the very back btw)

6. School.

As much as we hate to admit it, there is something enjoyable about being intellectually stimulated. All the work is a pain in the ass, but you cannot say that there is not at least one class or one part of it that you enjoy. The routine makes me feel like my life is not completely falling apart at least.

7. FRIENDS!

I know I have put this one twice but it is the most important one. Months between seeing some of your best friends can be really tough and nothing will compare to getting to hang out with your best buds again. I know it is what I'm looking forward to the most. See you guys soon!

Get excited because we'll all be back at school soon!