7 Stupid Things You Should Cut Out of Your Schedule

Why you should stop folding your underwear.

25
6 Dollar T-Shirts

Ever feel like there's not enough time in your day? Here are some incredibly stupid time-wasters that you can easily cut out of your schedule.

1. Stop folding your underwear and pajamas. Seriously - nobody sees that stuff. Or if they do, it probably means you're in a close enough relationship that they shouldn't be judging you for wrinkly clothing.

2. Change up your morning routine. You probably set your morning routine years ago - the way you get ready now almost certainly isn't the most productive way to do it. Try brushing your teeth when you first get up and go to the bathroom, not checking your phone until after you eat breakfast, or picking out your outfit the night before. If you plan carefully, you can score an extra half an hour of sleep.

3. Time yourself when you go on social media. Do you ever plan to go online for only a few minutes, then find yourself wasting hours scrolling through facebook? Set a timer. When five minutes are up, get off the internet.

4. Take "productive breaks." Everybody needs to take a break sometimes. But that doesn't have to mean drooling over pizza and Netflix. Is there a book sitting on your shelf that you just never got around to reading? Do you like taking walks? Everyone enjoys certain activities that are "healthy" or "productive" while still being fun. Find yours, and incorporate them into your schedule.

5. Clean up after yourself as you go along. Everyone has experienced that moment when you dump dirty underwear on the floor or leave dishes in the sink and tell yourself, "I'll get it later." This inevitably leads to monstrous piles of Stuff accumulating in terrifying abundance. Go ahead and walk the extra two steps to put your underwear in the laundry bin. Take five minutes to wash the dishes. You'll thank yourself later.

6. Don't look in the mirror so often. Yes, this goes for guys too. Going to the bathroom takes two minutes, but it can take a lot longer if you spend an extra ten minutes trying to get your hair exactly right. At the end of the day, you're going to look exactly the same as you did in the beginning. There's nothing wrong with looking in the mirror, but try and limit it to once or twice a day. Trust me, nobody cares whether or not your every hair is in place.

7. Set a bedtime. It can be 11:00 pm, it can be 3:00 am - you know your body best, you know what sleep schedule works for you. Set a time and stick to it.

Changing your routine just a little bit can increase your happiness a lot. Make the time for the things that matter - because, at the end of the day, you only live once.