7 Spooky and Silly Conspiracy Theories To Consider This Halloween

Just in time for the spookiest day of the year.

1516
spooky

Happy Halloween! it's the perfect time for binging on candy, watching horror movies, putting on your costume and having a blast with your friends. If the conversation gets dry at your Halloween party or you want to spook some trick or treaters, here are 7 conspiracy theories that will make you laugh, cry, and sleep with the light on.

Disclaimer: These are just for fun and not meant to offend anyone (especially members of the illuminati, please don't hurt me).

1. The Mandela Effect

If you know anything about conspiracy theories, you've heard of the Mandela Effect. It basically means that we all have the same memories (specifically of pop cultural phenomenons) but none of these memories really happened. It gets it's name because the majority of the population remembers Nelson Mandela dying in prison in 1990, however he was released and died in 2013. Do we simply remember things differently than they occurred or is there more to the story? Read more about it here.

2. Tupac is alive and well.

I believe this conspiracy theory more than I believe in myself. Tupac was allegedly shot at a traffic light in 1996, but I'm not buying it. The rapper had an obsession with Machiavelli, an Italian diplomat who faked his death to defeat his enemies. Many people believe that Tupac wasn't happy being famous and paid the men around him to fake his own death. Maybe he lives on an island somewhere with Biggy Smalls, who knows. You can read more about it here.

3. The moon landing was fake.

Although most of these theories have been disproved, its still pretty interesting to think about. The U.S. was a part of the "space race" and we were desperate to win. Some theorists believe that if you really breakdown the moon landing video, you can see evidence that the entire thing was faked. They believe that using advanced film equipment and special effects, the government managed to trick the entire world. You can read more about it here.

4. The Illuminati

The illuminati is real, but maybe not in the way you're thinking. It's a "secret" organization made up of some of the worlds most powerful figures, and it's been in existence for hundreds of years. The conspiracy theory comes into play when we start to wonder about the members. Beyonce, Jay Z, Taylor Swift, Obama, and even the Queen Of England have all been linked to the illuminati by theorists. They believe that these stars use their fame as a way of controlling and manipulating young people, do you? Learn more about it here.

5. Avril Lavigne is dead.

If you have social media of any form, you've heard this theory. Basically, everyone (myself included) believes that Avril Lavigne died in 2003. But Jordan, Avril Lavigne has released plenty of music and made plenty of appearances since 2003, she can't be dead! But what if she was replaced? Theorists believe that Melissa, a close friend of Avril's, replaced her after her death. The two allegedly look eerily similar and it would explain the change in Avril's music from grunge to pop. Avril Lavigne openly denies this theory, but so would I if I were impersonating a dead girl. Read about it here.

6. Courtney Love Killed Kurt Cobain.

When I said these theories would make you laugh and cry, I was specifically talking about this one making you tear up. Kurt Cobain tragically ended his own life in 1994. Or did he? Many people believe that someone else was involved, maybe even his wife Courtney. Kurt had struggled with depression for most of his time in the spotlight, but many of his close friends say he was really starting to enjoy life again. His friends also told the media that he had planned to leave Courtney and their tumultuous relationship. So did her fear of losing her main source of fame and fortune enough to murder him? Read about it here.

7. The Rugrats theory.

I'm going to destroy your childhood, just a warning. Rugrats was a Nickelodeon tv show about a group of babies that were all BFF's. The show has an older character named Angelica who bullied all the little kids. She was evil. But the theory states that Angelica imagined all the babies as a way of coping with her parents completely neglecting her. It's actually really interesting so read all about it here.