7 Reasons Why Love In College Is Real

7 Reasons Why Love In College Is Real

Don't count out love in college just because others do.

762
7 Reasons Why Love In College Is Real
Photo by Frankie Cordoba

More than anything, a lot of people go off to college to find themselves. What's better than finding yourself you might ask? Finding someone you can be yourself around. In college, we have a lot to look forward to... especially the getting out alive part. When experiencing love during college most people turn it down due to fear of it not working out or fear of it being like the past. There are many reasons why love in college is the realest but i have just a few.

1. We Can All Relate

College love is real because we all have a similar goal. When you find yourself in a relationship whether you pay attention to it or not. It is usually a better relationship when the couple has things in common. For example; hobbies, life goals, short term goals, and even something as simple as liking the same TV show. As college students we all have a four year grind that we have in common. We want to make our parents proud, we all want to graduate, live in our dream city and have our dream job.

2. Most Of Us are Broke

We are all broke, besides Brad and Chad who have millionaire parents and drive around campus in G-wagons. The average college student is pretty poor. If someone falls for you in college you know its real because more than likely you've got nothing to offer. Its not like in elementary school when you gave a girl your last cookie and she would fall for you immediately. Although, buying girls food is still a major way to get on their good side no matter how old/young you are. College girls are the most understanding, they get that you're not rich and can't buy them expensive gifts or fancy dinners. All college girls want is attention and respect, and its the least us guys can give them.

3. College Doesn't Have Relationship Critics

No one will judge you. In college everyone stays in their lane. Not too many people care to be in other peoples business like back in high school when we all had to know who was dating who, and who hooked up with who at the halloween party last week. A big part of why relationships don't work is because we often look for others validation of our relationships whether that be on social media or in reality. Since we are aren't getting unnecessary feedback from relationship critics it makes us look more into our own needs and not others. We focus on what we like and what we want in a relationship instead of trying to satisfy what others think should or shouldn't be in a relationship.

4. We Are Maturing

As young adults we are at an age where we start to be selfless, there are times when being selfish may be for the best but overall we tend to drop our unnecessary wants and focus on our needs. Focusing on our needs makes us more sure of what we want and more confident in our ability to love and care for others. Part of maturing is understanding other people and how their feelings work. In college we know it's real because we are the most understanding of others situations and usually can relate to problems people have gone through and go through during college.

5. Fitting In

In college fitting in can seem nearly impossible. Unless you're a social butterfly which very few people are, you probably struggle to make friends. In college when you find someone you like it is very likely that you two will become really good friends, if not best friends. When you have a boyfriend or girlfriend it is super likely that you take them around your friends to see if they will like them as well. If they do, that helps your boyfriend or girlfriend make some friends. Even if you and your boyfriend or girlfriend just have each other and few friends believe it or not it helps them become more social. Fitting in can be simple as having just one person that you can talk to about anything and also just having someone to simply go to lunch with or hang out with when you're bored.

6. Fortnite

Fortnite, yes you heard me right Fortnite. If your girl will sit through your twenty minute games and comfort you after John Wick hits you for 250 HP with a pump shot gun, you know you got a keeper. Girls hate video games, it's very rare to find a girl that likes video games or even understands them. Girls hate games only because it is time you could be spending giving them attention. They put that aside to let you have fun and you know it's real. Put down the controller every once in a while to show your girl you appreciate her. Guys, games aren't going anywhere so put the controllers down and take your girl on a date every once and a while. Ladies, let your boy get lost in a fantasy world for a couple hours every day because it's a great stress reliever.

7. We All Want The College experience

The college experience is expected to be a wild ride. A bunch of parties, meeting new people, and making a ton of memories. You know it's real when you don't want to go to a party with out your partner in crime. The best thing in the world is having someone you can do everything with and someone you can have fun with and be yourself around at all times.

Most people are afraid of love in college because "all guys/girls are the same". We learn to love ourselves and others during our college journey, and falling in love might not be so bad. College is the best time to meet the right guy or girl just because we really aren't too caught up in paying bills or other things of that nature. We know it's real because we are developing more and more into ourselves. Guys don't be scared to shoot your shot, and ladies don't be scared to give him a chance. You never know something magical could happen.