7 Of The Millions Of Reasons To End This One Direction Hiatus Right Now

and, yes, "Right Now" was a One Direction pun.

293
via Wikimedia Commons

Everyday fans wake up and check Twitter for some good news. Every day, we are left disappointed and kind of heartbroken all over again. But, I'm putting my foot down. One Direction NEEDS to get back together and end this hiatus jibberish. The "18-month" thing is starting to really drag on and my little heart cannot handle it any longer. Here are seven reasons why this hiatus needs to end... NOW.

1. Their fans are in their prime for concerts and fangirling.

As the One Direction boys have grown up, so has their fan base. Now, most of the fans are either finishing up grade school or are off to University. This means concerts are about to get a whole lot more fun. Instead of being tugged around by parents, we’re all a bit more free (and some fans can legally drink depending on their age and country). As “Harry says, this is a family show… or is it?”

2. Hiatus is EXPENSIVE.

However, since we’re all grown up, that means we’re also going through that phase in our life where we’re absolutely broke. Our parents stopped helping fund our awful concert addiction long ago and our college debt (or the threat thereof) is haunting us over every purchase decision we make. That being said, the amount of tickets and merch we have to buy has now multiplied by four (five if we still count Zayn, but I’m bitter). It gets especially worse when you consider how the solo careers are attracting new fans and driving up the prices of tickets. Please, send help.

3. We're running out of OT4 pictures to edit.

The last time we got anywhere near One Direction being in the same room together was when Louis Tomlinson performed on the X-Factor after his mother passed away and the boys came out to support him. If you know anything about Directioners, they like to make amazing video and photo edits that will hit you hard in the feels, but without new base content, those are slowly becoming the thing of the past. It’s like the Directioner equivalent of the death of Vine.

4. They have yet to tour their most recent album.

Simply put, Made in the AM is one of the best albums to ever be released and has not been given the recognition it deserves. One Direction has followed the pattern of putting out an album and then touring it. They completed this four times, but once they released the last album, fans didn’t get the chance to see most of the songs performed, which is totally unfair and upsetting. It’s also one of the driving forces behind ensuring the band’s reunion. The members have noted multiple times they’d like to tour the album.

5. Award shows aren't nearly as fun without them.

Okay, so BTS wrapping up the American Music Awards was neat and all, but does anyone else remember how exciting One Direction’s mere presence at an awards show was? Trying to beat One Direction in any category was the most impossible feat. Plus, their speeches were always a complete mess. Even with the hiatus, the fans are still winning them awards, which has put Liam Payne in the position to go up and give us a taste of the past with his acceptance speech, but it’s still not quite the same.

6. As good as their solo work is, "Better Than Words" will be the bop of our generation.

Look, I love solo One Direction and I can not make that any more clear. Flicker by Niall Horan, Harry’s self-titled albums, and Louis and Liam’s singles truly have a special place in my heart, but have you heard Midnight Memories? Every song on that album is a true jam and I’m not sure if anything the boys have put out can truly compete. I mean, “Miss You” by Louis Tomlinson is cutting it pretty close, but Right Now is still the song of every Directioner dreams.

7. They need to keep their promises.

In multiple interviews and countless tweets, the boys have pledged to the fans that they are committed to coming back. When fans have met the boys, they have ensured us that they will be back. They don’t want to see us cry, either.

I truly believe the boys miss us as much as we miss them. I, along with thousands of others, are anxious for One Direction’s reunion… and it better happen, soon.