7 Reasons Napping Is No Joke

7 Reasons Napping Is No Joke

It's not just an activity — it's a way of life.
20

In college, it’s totally socially acceptable to nap whenever or wherever. I think that should also apply in the real world; for example, napping at the office on your lunch break or even a mandatory post-lunch nap at all companies. OK, maybe that’s not realistic, but when I see someone catching some shut eye in the library at 8 PM or someone napping on the couches in the student center in the early afternoon, I do not judge — mad respect to anyone who can nap anywhere.

1. Napping improves productivity

Just a 15 to 20-minute nap can make you feel refreshed and alert.

2. Planned napping is better than emergency napping

Stayed at the library studying until two in the morning? I'd rather plan a quick nap between classes than end up sleeping in the back of class during a lecture.

3. Your sleep environment matters

Declutter your bedroom or find a quiet nook in the library or your office to feel more content about your sleeping space.

4. Naps and coffee are effective

It seems like an odd pair. Why would I drink coffee if I’m trying to sleep? Whether you're cramming for exams or have to work the nightshift, a cup of Joe plus a short nap will get you through.

5. Napping means you’re lazy?

No way, girl, you just know your limits and when your body needs rest. You can nap and still be a boss a** b*itch!

6. Napping celebs

Ronald Reagan was criticized for but famously took naps. Winston Churchill’s nap wasn’t up for discussion because he believed it would help him get twice as much done in one day. Eleanor Roosevelt used to take a nap before speeches to boost her energy.

7. Napping is the best part of the weekend

There’s nothing better than a Sunday post-brunch afternoon nap. Cheers to napping!

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve fallen asleep many times in my classes, but sleep is important and I feel more positive and refreshed when I catch up on my rest. Make frequent napping socially acceptable in 2017.