Ladies, Don't Make Him Make The First Move

There are 7 good reasons why girls should make the first more more often.

885

Alright, ladies, this article is for you. Welcome to the 21st century where things are just not quite how they used to be 50 years ago. Traditional means of dating, as well as life in general, have seemed to change shape within the last few years. The gender roles and expectations during the modern days are flooding with change and reinvention. Ladies, I am here to tell multiple reasons why you should consider making the first move next time.

1. If you don't, someone else will

In the wise words of Ricky Bobby, "If you ain't first, you're last." If you are so keen to sticking to the social script of life written for you line by line, you may lose a chance at greatness.

2. Most men actually like it

Fun fact: A study done by Cupid.com indicates men are 87% more likely to give a woman a chance that they were originally not interested in. This sparks an interest in male's brains as you ooze a certain level of confidence they may not be accustomed to. Many men admit that seeing a woman go for what she wants is downright attractive. By making the first approach on a man, you make him feel unique and special in a way he is not used to.

3. It gives shy boys an opportunity

Women, let's be honest, to some extent we assume a boy will ask you out if he is interested. So you assume if a boy doesn't ask you out it automatically means he is not into you.This mentality can be crippling to a boy who is just simply shy. Courage is not a trait all men possess. Wouldn't you hate to know you missed out on a potentially amazing relationship only because you assumed incorrectly?

4. It takes the pressure off the boy for once

Most guys just cannot take a hint. While girls think they can flirt and twiddle with the borderline of interest, men are straightforward. Hints are not often recognized. So ladies, stop with the mind games of trying to make a guy ask you out because if you wait for him to take the hint, you'll never get asked out. As much as you wish they could read your mind, they can't. By being the girl to make the first move, you ensure at least some step in some direction will take place. Many men will probably appreciate the break in constant pressure, anyway.

5. You'll stand out

People take note of those who do the unconventional. You are showing a confidence most women are not able to. Whether you feel it or not, you are exerting a sense of confidence you may not actually feel but by doing so you'll show. By shoving your confidence in his face, he will have a hard time not noticing it in comparison to all the other girls sitting around waiting to be approached. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "confidence is sexy"?

6. Shows you have direction

Purpose is attractive. When you know what you want in life and you work hard for it, people take note. People don't like uncertainty. When you have direction and ambition for your life, people are attracted to it. Approaching a man first has less to do with your appearance, but everything to do with your attitude.

Go get 'em, tiger.

7. Your chances of rejection aren't as high as you think

Fear of rejection is a natural human impulse all types of people possess. People are more willing to show interest in someone when they show interest in them.

But let's be honest ladies, you are picky and you let everyone know it. Women are more likely to turn down a man's approach than a man is likely to turn down a woman's approach. Don't mix up desperation with confidence. You have a much lower rejection rate than you may imagine.

If you're worried he will laugh in your face for trying, is he really even someone you want to pursue in the first place?

Be daring, darling.