Binge Watching 'Scandal' Will Change Your Life Outlook

So, you're not a bitch baby?

76
Youtube

Let's be honest, since the invention of Netflix we spend a lot of our time binge-watching tv shows, and we are always on the lookout for the "next best thing" when it comes to new releases. I often feel guilty for the amount of time I spend on my couch, multitasking nonetheless, but still having my face glued to the TV.

Couch potato has taken on a whole new meaning in my house.

My most recent binge-watching obsession was with ABC's "Scandal." "Scandal" offers everything you need in a TV Show. Packed full of action, suspense, romance, drama and political views.

I could not have asked for more, and then ABC did the damn thing with the extra bonus of when you dig deeper into the storyline you can pull out lessons that will change your life if you allow them.

I'm sure you are curious now about what life lessons you could possibly learn from a Thursday night TV show, so I am going to share them with you.

1. My gut tells me everything I need to know.

Have you ever heard the expression that your gut is your “second brain?” There is a reason for that. Our mind-gut connection is not just metaphorical, there are studies that prove actual nerve and chemical connections between the two. I can tell when something is off by the way it makes me feel.

That stomach-aching, sick, anxious feeling you get so often when you are struggling to make a decision or when you are facing a not so pleasant situation. That is your body, your gut, telling you something isn't entirely right. Listen to it. Carry this quote with you, “I know if it's the truth by the way it makes me feel.”

2. Realize you can stand on your own.

There will be times in life when you must stand on your own two feet, you need to recognize that you are capable of doing this. I, myself, am guilty of having a person in my life that is my go-to when everything around me seems as if it is crumbling down.

I love the sense they give me as if they are “picking up the pieces,” but in reality, I am the only person capable of putting myself back together again. You then experience the bittersweet moment in your life when they are not present. When you cannot cry out to them — needing them to provide you with the belief of wholeness again. In that exact moment, you realize you can stand on your own.

3. Most people will never change.

We go through life accepting that good people have to give and try to, even if it's only in the slightest manner, change the bad. We were taught at a young age that everyone has flaws, some outweighing others. Being taught this, we surround ourselves with friends and loved ones that bring positive attributes to our lives.

Often, we ignore any negativity they bring because we are hoping “change” will come. I have been guilty of this in every aspect of my life. Clasping to the good, we tuck away the bad to the back of our minds hopeful that one day change will diminish it. It won't, this is why when you see people for what they genuinely are that you need to believe it. Change seldom happens...at least soul change that is.

4. The harder you are to get, the harder they fall for you.

Effort justification,yes, it is a real thing. The theory that people tend to put a greater value on an outcome they have had to put effort into acquiring. In the short term, the harder you are to get, the harder they will fall for you.

In today’s society, we refer to this as, “It’s all about the chase.” There is both a positive and negative romantic viewpoint to this. However, we should not allow ourselves to be easily attainable. I say all the time, “If anyone can have it, I don’t want it.” Never depreciate your value. Require effort because, after all, nothing worth having comes easy.

5. There is more than one way to reach your goal. If you fail, try again.

Failure is nothing more than a chance to revise your strategy. Failure is an essential part of life. We grow as a person with each complication we face.

However, not every obstacle we face in life should we consider a failure. True failure is not reached until you make the decision to give up. Rome wasn't built in a day. Nor, would it have been built off of just one blueprint. If you feel like you have failed, try a different approach to reaching success.

6. Live with the best intentions and work for the good of humanity.

Always wear the White Hat. When faced with the choice to succeed by lifting another person up or by tearing them down, choose the greater good. Never choose the path of success that comes with the price of hurting another individual, go forward with the best of intentions.

7. Love Triangles happen.

I love you. You love me. You also love her. She loves you too. Whether it be the factor of wrong timing or the mix up of being in love with someone who truly isn't capable of loving just one person, love triangles happen.

There is a saying, "If you love the first person and like the second person, then choose the second because how could you really love the first."

As much as a romantic heart would love to believe that you sincerely can only love one person at a time, sometimes, you can't.

The truth is, each person loves differently resulting in receiving and giving a unique form of love from each person. Under no circumstances am I condoning this, but the truth often hurts, and love triangles often happen.