7 Habits You're Definitely Guily Of During Finals Week

Please pass the ice cream, tissues and more procrastination.

10
Jessica Johnston

1. Freaking out

We all constantly freak out and get overwhelmed about everything we have to do. We get stressed over having a hole in our sock when we have 12 papers to write, 15 tests to study for and 11 projects due. Really we have like 5-7 big things and it just feels like the world is collapsing in on us and everyone else is totally fine.

2. Lack of care

You can peep the most put together people wearing sweatpants and no makeup during finals week. It’s like our very true and honest selves come out in their truest form and it’s not pretty. Finals week has everyone avoiding mirrors and cute boys. And even if you run into one or the other the most effort we make is to wipe the drool off of our cheek, honestly we’re animals.

3. Trying every single snapchat filter

We have all seen our friends as deer, dogs, princesses and themselves with distorted faces all week long. In addition to the famous filters distracting us from our work, we now have filters that can change our voices which is obviously a way better option than studying. Just to think that we’re all going to be professionals one day, and someone is going to ask us about all of our career success and the first thing that is going to come to our minds is repeatedly sticking our tongues in and out of our mouths to make ourselves look like puppies instead of studying for finals.

4. Setting up our study materials for a photo

How many snap stories have you looked at this week while you were procrastinating of people were their study materials set up so nicely and organized with an aesthetic filter covering up their tears on their notebooks? Let’s be honestly, we’re all a mess when we study. There’s a system to it but it’s not organized by any standards.

5. Being productive in every other area of our lives

People rooms are the cleanest they have been all semester because we would all rather clean our rooms than study for our exams. We’d rather clean our fish’s tank or even just take the trash out than look at another text book. But at least now our study space smells like a mix of chemicals and perfumes.

6. Moving constantly

You can always see people in the library doing very peculiar things during finals week. Anything from a few rejuvenating jumping jacks to walking to pick up pizza from the kind sole that delivers to literally anywhere to people walking around reading their notes to themselves to people laying upside down in chairs. But if there’s any places we can all display our weirdest behaviors and not really be judged for it, it’s college … especially college during finals week.

7. Actually doing well

Once it’s all said and done, most of us freak out over nothing. We study until our brain feels like pudding that was left out of the refrigerator for too long and usually it pays off. We remember that one weird fact that we learned week 4 day 3 and it all comes together once we have the test in front of us. So keep snapchatting those dog filters and wearing three day old sweat pants because it’s obviously working.