The 6 Friends You Made Your First Semester Described By Harry Potter

They're all riddikulus. But you love them anyways.

41
fandomania.com

After just completing my very first semester of college, I obviously consider myself an expert on everything. Just kidding. Only Harry Potter. And friendship. But mostly Harry Potter. However, I have managed to make a few friends in the past four months... and let me tell you, they can all be described as riddikulus (lol). Here's a comprehensive list of any friend you might add to your squad your first semester of college as described by The Boy Who Lived.

1. The Roommate

This is (hopefully) the first friend you make in college... and you guys are about to get really close. In fact, this one becomes less of a friend and more like a sister (or brother) very fast. You two share a room (and snacks, and clothes, etc.) so you're bound to have some disputes, but when you need them, they'll be there.

2. The Study Buddy

After the first few weeks of class and you've scoped out the smartest person in the room -- and for the sake of your GPA, you've decided to befriend them. It's no easy feat, but you manage to strike up a conversation and the two of you agree to study together for the upcoming midterm. Sometimes this friendship is brief and only last for the duration of the class, but sometimes you get lucky and find a true friend (whose intelligence never ceases to make you feel inferior).

3. The Wild Child

They're literally always going out...and I don't mean "literally" ironically. Anytime you text them, they're either partying, getting ready for a party, recovering from a party, or partying alone in their dorm on a Tuesday night. They're great people and they never run out of hilarious stories to tell (and when it's Friday night and you have nothing to do -- they have you covered). But sometimes when you're in the middle of studying for exams and they keep sending you Snapchats of loud music and pulsating lights, you have to wonder if they're even taking any classes.

4. The Mom

He/she (yes the "mom" can be a guy) is always making checking up on you. They are always making sure you're getting enough rest (and food) and are always there for a hug when you've had a rough day. But like every good mom, they'll be brutally honest with you when they see you need to change something in your life. Since your parents are no longer there hovering over you every waking moment, this friend is literally the only source of maturity available to you during the semester. Cherish them. But don't worry -- despite their disapproving looks, they secretly think your dirty jokes are hilarious.

5. The Player

This girl or guy is the resident player of your clique. Because they're so naturally attractive, they naturally have a lot of people throwing themselves at them. The player never brings the same date to an event, and if your squad decides to have a night out, it's highly likely that they won't be returning with the squad. But don't blame them -- blame evolution. You may never know what it's like to be too hot for your own good, but you still get to hear all of their crazy stories (and they're always willing to set you up with a date on the fly).

6. The Twin

It's amazing that science has come so far that someone, somewhere has created a person exactly like you. You have no idea how or where you met, but suddenly this person appears in your life with the exact same interests, ambitions, and quirks. So you just elect not to ask questions and go ahead and declare them your best friend for all eternity.