7 Country Songs Perfect For A Break-Up

7 Country Songs Perfect For A Break-Up

Break-ups are never fun, but at least music is always there to help you cope with them.

332
Ben White

Break-ups are difficult for everyone no matter the situation. Sometimes break-ups happen because there's a lack of communication, people really weren't right for each other, or because of cheating. No matter the reason for the breakup, there is always some time that people to take getting over their exes...so why not give the break-up a soundtrack?

Whether you or a friend are leaving behind an old lover, try out these songs to get you through!

1. The First Cut Is The Deepest - Shania Twain

This song was probably one of the most relevant Country songs for any young person who just went through their first break-up in the mid-2000s. I like Shania's version the best, and I think it's the one that is most played on the radio.

This song really captures what it feels like when you experience a break-up for the first time. Moving on to a new person can be scary because you're opening yourself to becoming vulnerable again, but it is totally possible. Accept this song as a great break-up song, and take it's advice to try to love again.

2. How Not To - Dan + Shay

Dan + Shay have been creating some great, relatable songs. This one talks about trying to move on from a relationship and how difficult that can be. It's true that you can fill your days with activities that keep your mind off your ex, but sometimes this doesn't always work. No matter what you do, you start to think about them again.

I don't think that you should give into your emotions when this happens because it's a natural process for breaking up. Remember the memories that you have, the good and the bad, but also remember that you broke up for a reason.

3. Peter Pan - Kelsea Ballerini

First of all, I love Kelsea's music, and I highly recommend her newest album that came out last year. "Legends" is my favorite on the album.

Anyway, this song's melody fits the title because it almost has a fairy tale quality to it. This song and the music video are so good because they both show how well two people are in a relationship. However, sometimes people aren't ready for relationships and need to take time to find themselves before they can commit. It also reminds me that you need to be mature enough to be in a relationship or else it might start to unravel.

4. Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

I couldn't make a Country music break-up playlist without including one of the queens of Country! Even though it's sad, more people cheat on each other than you expect. This is one of the reasons that the divorce rate is higher than it was in the 1950s.

I definitely don't suggest going to destroy your ex's car because you could get charged for that. So instead, just go watch the music video for this song and imagine yourself as Carrie.

5. The Day You Stop Looking Back - Thomas Rhett

When I went through a break-up, this song was probably on repeat for however long it took for me to get over it. This song reminds you that you can't live in the past because it will only hurt you in the end. If you keep looking in the past, you might miss a new guy who is interested in you.

I love the chorus of the song because it really reminds you that your ex is your ex for some reason. Just remember the reasons that your ex may have been terrible to you, and you shouldn't have any trouble moving on from the past.

6. Make You Miss Me - Sam Hunt

I think we've all been at the point in a break-up when you want to be the one to "win" it. I guess everyone's definition of winning the breaking up is different, but it usually involves dating a better-looking person, looking more attractive yourself, or going out to prove that you aren't thinking about them.

At the same time, I think people always like to think and even hope that their exes still think about them because it means that your weren't an easy person to forget. Sam Hunt's song talks about trying to make your ex miss you in order to cope with the break-up.

7. Somewhere On A Beach - Dierks Bentley

I just saw Dierks in concert, and it was such a great experience so I felt like I had to include a song by him. He sounds the exact same live that he does in the studio versions. Plus, he is pretty funny during his concerts. T

his is a fun song that talks about doing really well after breaking up with your ex even though the other person may not be having the same luck. I think some break-ups are really easy to just get over because of the reason that people decided to end it.