7 Books That Will Get You Into The Halloween Spirit

The perfect reading suggestions when drinking pumpkin spiced lattes.

122
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/05/6364277243726527691459638618_read.jpg

Fall is finally here. That means cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, and for many bookworms, it's the perfect time to cozy up on the couch with a good book.The month of October is all about spooky spirits and eerie tales.

In the spirit of Halloween, here are some Spooky tales that will put you in the Halloween spirit.

1. "It" by Stephen King

With the popularity of this recent film adaptation, 'it' is only fitting to mention Stephen King's terrifying tale of Derry, Maine. Seven friends are terrorized by the evil that lives in the sewers of the town that takes on several forms.

2. "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irvin

his story has made its way into many childhood cartoons, shows, as well has become a classic Halloween tale. Ichabod Crane travels to Sleep Hollow, New York to investigate the strange deaths occurring in the town. As his investigation unfolds, he is faced with an evil spirit residing in the town.

3. "The Girl With All the Gifts" by M. R. Carey

Travel to a world where most of the world population is infected by a fungus that turns them into flesh-eating monsters. Children affected by the disease are held in a government facility in order to find a cure for the disease. A young girl, Melanie, may be the only hope to keep humanity alive.

4. "Dracula" by Bram Stoker

No reading list would be complete without mentioning The Count himself; especially one about Halloween. This 19th century novel follows the tale of Count Dracula and the stories of Transylvania. This original vampire story is perfect for the eerie atmosphere of Halloween,

5. "Coraline" by Neil Gaiman

Coraline just moved into a new house and finds a new world where life is simply better. In her adventures she find that other children have been lured to this world. Their souls have been trapped there and it is up to her to save them all.

6. "The Silence of the Lambs" by Thomas Harris

An FBI agent enlists the help of Hannibal the Cannibal in effort to catch a serial killer. The novel is full of twists and turns and ups and downs. This suspenseful tale has the perfect eerie rhythm to put you in the Halloween spirit.

7. "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley

My personal favorite horror novel is one of pure terror, has a mad scientist, and a horrific monster. This classic novel is all about fright and fear as a monster comes to life and wreaks havoc on a small village. There is no better way to find your spooky spirit!

Halloween is the best time for spooky tales and horror stories. For all my fellow bibliophiles, there is no way to celebrate Halloween (any holiday really) than with a good book. Double points if you wear some cat ears while reading. It is Halloween after all.