7 Book-Boyfriends You Want To Bring Home For The Holidays

Make mom and dad proud.

26

As we all know, the holidays are coming up and we also all know that dreaded feeling of going for the holidays without a significant other. You love your family, of course, but if they ask you one more time, “why are you still single?” “You aren’t getting any younger.” “I will want grandchildren soon, you know?” And so on…

Just think that if you could shut your prying family up and impress them by bringing home your favorite book-boyfriend home for the holidays? Imagine all of the jaws dropping as you walk in with one of these seven literary gentlemen.

Mr. Darcy

Some may be sour toward his quiet and, some may say, cocky attitude, but there isn’t a shadow of a doubt he would impress even the pickiest of families. They will know immediately that Darcy is a man who will take care of you until the end of time. Sure, he might accidentally offend a family member or two, but nothing he can’t come back from. Your family will warm up to him soon enough, just as you did, and will commend him for his honesty and loyalty.

What he will bring to dinner: Roasted duck that he shot himself on a hunt, but of course he didn’t prepare it himself.

Augustus Waters

This boy will be an immediate hit with the fam, with his quick wit and sharp tongue, he will be keeping everyone entertained for hours. Your mom will appreciate that he is wise beyond his years with a heart of gold, and your dad will love that he is the type of guy to treat his little girl like the princess he knows she is. It will be impossible for your family not to love him as much as you do.

What he will bring to dinner: Either your favorite dish that might have no relation to Thanksgiving, but he spent hours making, or the first dessert you two shared together because, he just that damn cute.

Noah Calhoun

For what this handsome fellow lacks in money, he makes up for in dedication. Noah will do whatever it takes to win your heart, even though he knows your father wants you to be with a man richer than he. But never fear, he will win over the women in your family with just one wink (he will have shaved, of course) and will impress the guys on his hard work. He did build his own house you know?

What he will bring to dinner: Since Noah is a simple guy, he will bring simple - but delicious - mashed potatoes.

Rhett Butler

Handsome, educated, wealthy, witty, charming and did I say handsome? Rhett will have no problem impressing even the most stubborn of family members. He will keep the conversation stimulating all the way through dinner, talking about his knowledge of Shakespeare and every sports team in the South. Your family is also impressed with how easily he handles your mood swings and isn’t afraid to put you in your place.

What he will bring to dinner: A good ole’ warm apple pie with lots of vanilla ice cream, a southern classic.

Four

As soon as this heartthrob walks through the front door, all the ladies in your family will be sad that they didn’t get to him first. Four will impress your family on how strong he is, but will be pleasantly surprised what a sweetheart he actually is. He and your dad will go off talking about war and weapons, while your mom and sister will steal you away and ask you all about your romance. They will be happy knowing you have a guy who would die for you.

What he will bring to dinner: He doesn’t know how to cook so he will bring the wine.

Jay Gatsby

This lover of everything luxurious will arrive in style looking absolutely dashing and bringing the party with him. He might be a tad overdressed compared to the rest of the family but that’s just part of his charm. Thanksgiving will never be the same again. He will sweep all the ladies off of their feet while impressing the men of his status in the military.

What he will bring to dinner: The most expensive bottle of champagne he could find in his impressive collection.

Peeta Mellark

Your family will absolutely melt when they meet your man Peeta, he is passionate, kind, and loving. They admire his loyalty and strength; they know he is exactly that a gal like you needs. Bonus, his craftiness will win over the nephews and keep them entertained for hours (which your sister will love).

What he will bring to dinner: A basket of his delicious homemade rolls.