6 Of The Worst People You Will Meet At College

Dedicated to the people that love to dampen the mood

184
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/13/6364878764337224881611325155_6ddc9_tina-fey-eyeroll-1.jpg

Most of us will agree that college is a lot better than our high school years. For once, homework doesn't feel like busy work. Finally, you are working toward your future. You are learning skills that you will use for the rest of your life. Out of everything that I have learned during my first few semesters at Butler University, the most valuable lesson I've come across is that the world has a sick sense of humor. Right when you are at your breaking point, when your bad day can't get any worse, one of these six people will always push you right over the edge.

You know who you are.

1. The Door Snob

Let's get one thing straight, I do not care that you forgot your mittens in your dorm room this morning or that you can only find warmth in the pockets of your unnecessarily long coat. MY JOB IS NOT TO HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR YOU. Honestly, it is common courtesy that the moment you see the arm of the person in front of you begin to awkwardly stretch behind them you catch the door. Believe me when I say that you are not above touching the germ-infested doors that we all touch every day.

2. The Easily Irritated Neighbor

I can't lie on this one. I know that my roommates and I are not the easiest neighbors to deal with. Maybe those living below us do not appreciate the late night dance sessions to "The Greatest Hits of the 80s". But God help the person that interrupts any of us while "Come on Eileen" is playing. This song is a classic you uncultured swine! And to the person that bangs on my door at 11:01 p.m. stating that "Quiet hours begin at 11 on weeknights," well I just hope you can live with the amount of sheer pettiness you're displaying.

3. The Heavy Footed

Listen, if you have flat feet I truly empathize with you. I could not force an arch in my foot if my life depended on it, but that is no excuse for you to be stomping down the hall like you're Fred Flintstone. Walk on your tiptoes, cut off your feet, I DON'T CARE. Just please, for all that is good in the world, stop taking out all of your frustration on the people trying to sleep below you.

4. The Wrong Way Walker

I just have one question for you. Were you raised in a barn, or did you just miss the day at school where they taught us to always veer to our right? People like you are the reason for my social anxiety. I'm sure you don't want to do that awkward dance in the hall anymore than I do. You know the one where I always lead, but you decide you are going to spice things up without feeling the need to notify me. Then we find ourselves making a collection of uncomfortable grunts and "uh I go right, you go left". Neither of us has time for that.

5. The Unaware Acquaintance (Kinda)

Sure, we had that one class together last semester and we sat next to each other to avoid awkwardness. But that does not make us friends. The answer is "yes." I am sitting alone having dinner. No, I am not lonely. Yes, I do have friends. Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, this meal alone is the only chance I'll have to catch up on all of my pop news for the week? When else will I have time to find out which Kardashian is pregnant this time?! I just want my thirty minutes to enjoy a sandwich without the presence of forced conversation.

6. Judgmental Judy

I see you over there. Left eyebrow raised in disgust. Just because you don't have drops of coffee in your notes or a pizza sauce stain on your shirt doesn't mean you're better me. Yes, these are the clothes I slept in last night, but at least I came to class today. I hear your disapproving, "Look who decided to join us" under your breath as I arrived three minutes late with a venti chai tea latte in my hand. This chai is the only thing getting me through the day, so I don't really care that your hair is perfectly pinned back, or that you haven't been wearing the same leggings for three days now. I am thriving.

The six of you are each completely horrid in your own special way. And if upon reading this you cannot immediately identify each of these six people... Well maybe you need to reevaluate your actions.

Do us all a solid and stop being the WORST.