6 Webcomics You Should Read!

6 Webcomics You Should Read!

Have you read any of these 6 webcomics?

I'm not sure how many people read webcomics on a daily basis, but I personally read them often enough that I wanted to share a few of my favorites. I think that publishing a drawn story online is one of the coolest things about the internet. There are thousands of webcomics that update regularly, and you can pretty much all of them for free! Dedicated artists and writers work on these projects out of passion for the story, and it shows. If you're interested in getting into webcomics, here's a few to get you started.

1. Olympus Overdrive

Even though this webcomic is on hiatus, this webcomic will satisfy all your Hunger Games/Greek Mythology cravings. The art style is bright and vibrant; not to mention drop-dead gorgeous. From time to time the format of the comic combines elements of flash and music to add to the overall experience. The characters are colorful and unique, and the story moves along fast. I won't spoil too much about the plot, but I highly recommend checking it out!

2. Cucumber Quest

This next webcomic follows Cucumber and Almond the bunny kids on their adventures to stop a returned evil and become legendary heroes! All of the characters have cute names that are plays off of something, and the designs themselves are just adorable. Despite the serious adventure, the main characters go through, this comic is often times hilarious and heartwarming.

3. Paranatural

Paranatural is another one of those hilarious and action-packed stories. It's about a group of superpowered middle schoolers who fight evil spirits and investigate paranormal activity in their hometown. The artist behind this comic is a master at dramatizing emotions through expressions, and this leads to lots of moments that had me laughing out loud. If you're looking for a comic that's both comedy and action, look no further than Paranatural.

4. Always Raining Here

This one is a recently completed webcomic that I followed from its beginning. This colorful story shows the blossoming of love between two teenage boys. It's amazing to watch not only the artist's technique and style improve, but also how the characters mature as they struggle with the demands of high school and unrequited affections. Although it's not necessary to enjoy the story, there are some minicomics and short stories in the Extra section that give some backstory into the characters that may help with understanding interactions.

5. Monsterkind

This webcomic is another one near and dear to my heart. The characters and art style make me so happy, but it doesn't end there. The story itself is intriguing and mysterious. Monsterkind follows the story of Wallace Foster, who is a human social worker. He's on a quest to help the monsters who live in District C. He meets lots of interesting monster characters, such as Kip Kaizer, and makes friends despite the tensions between the monster and human race. The mysteries behind the story are slowly unwound as the plot moves along. Monsterkind is currently one of my favorites, and highly recommend it!

6. Witchy

Witchy is another one I recently discovered that I've fallen in love with. It's set in the witch kingdom Hyalin, where the length of your hair determines the strength of your magic. It follows a young witch Nyneve, who has to hide the length of her hair due to the fact that those with hair too long are put to death. This was what happened to her father. She ultimately has the choice to join the institution responsible for her father's death, or stand up against them. This webcomic is less of a comedy and more of a fantasy that deals with war and political corruption.