6 Underrated Hulu Originals You Should Be Watching

Up your Hulu game with these 6 underrated Hulu original series.
46

Netflix gets a lot of the press and fanfare. However, Hulu has some pretty solid original programming out there that doesn’t get the credit it deserves!

Check out this list of underrated Hulu originals that you should be watching:

1. "Casual"

"Casual" brings a unique and deep spin to the old husband leaves his age-appropriate wife for a grad student in his class. The two main characters, Valerie and Alex, are siblings and bring this storyline to life.

2. "The Path"

I mean, who isn’t in love with Aaron Paul? This drama is centered around a fictional cult and features Eddie Lan (Paul) on a path that makes him question his faith and the leader of the cult whose motives don’t match the cult’s self-sacrificing movement.

3. "11.22.63"

This mini-series is backed by some serious star power, created by Bridget Carpenter of "Parenthood" and "Friday Night Lights" writing fame, produced by JJ Abrams, and starring James Franco. This miniseries dives into the 1960’s and gets into JFK’s assassination. You’ll be hooked after the first episode!

4. "Difficult People"

This Hulu original starring Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner doesn’t have a strong premise or plotline but is similar to a "Seinfeld"-esque show that follows character’s lives who may not always be likable. It’s an uncomfortable type of humor that will make you squirm but laugh.

5. "Chance"

This psychological thriller and mystery stars Dr. House himself and follows a neuropsychiatrist who gets pulled into a dangerous life of crime.

6. "Harlots"

This British period drama is set in the 1700s and brings to life the booming London economy and the women making a living selling sex. With patriarchy, class, sexual, hypocrisy and family themes, this show has something for everyone.

These Hulu originals will give you some good summer binge material to work with. If you want to keep track of shows you want to watch and easily see where to watch them, Reklist is for you! Sign up and then keep an eye out for more Odyssey articles about the best shows and movies to watch!