6 Things I Learned From My Family

6 Things I Learned From My Family

And a thank you to them all.

93
6 Things I Learned From My Family
Cricket Marshall

I owe a lot to my family. Everyone is raised a little different and I am glad I was raised in this family. Here's one thing I have learned from each family member.

Mom, you taught me to always hold others accountable

Me and my Mom, and a legendary snapchat filter

She is the most accountable and reliable person I know. She taught me to always hold people to their word, or they will walk all over you. I think that's the thing she hates most about some people, how unreliable they can be.

Every basketball game or track meet, she would be there on the sidelines because she said she would be there. I never have to worry if she will hold her word because she always will. Hopefully, I can be half as good of a person she is.

Dad, you taught me to love and love hard

My mom, my dad, and I just got home from dinner

No matter what, no matter the fight or disagreement, we always hugged after. My dad always loves with all his heart. He would give someone the shirt off his back if someone wanted or needed it.

He has the biggest heart and I hope I can attribute my caringness to him. He taught me, to always be kind and always be giving. You never know what someone is going through.

Hope, you taught me to love myself 

My sister Hope and I, on our way to Easter last year.

Hope is my best friend. She shows me every day to love myself, to not be my own enemy. She always reminds me of the small joys in life, no matter the darkest days. Days can be hard sometimes but the joy she shows everyone is exactly what people need. Everyone needs Hope in their life.

Nic, you taught me to always have a good time. 

Nic and I, using the refrigerator as a selfie light

No matter what he's doing, he's always smiling. Nic is always trying to get people to smile. Always trying to make you laugh. He is always trying to have a good time with anybody he is with. I always strive to have half as much fun as he is having. I always get compared to him and having his personality and I'd say I'm pretty lucky.

Halee, you taught me how to be levelheaded

Halee and I at my basketball Senior Night

Halee is the most levelheaded, even keel person I know. She has taught me to keep my head in stressful situations. She is someone I am constantly looking up to.

I need to always think through situations and take a couple of deep breaths. In any bad situation, I know she or Hope will have the answer or good advice. I am glad I have someone that I can help me keep my head.

Max, you taught me how to be responsible

Max walking me for basketball homecoming

Max is my twin brother, so I was pretty much born with a best friend. I was always rambunctious when we were younger and he was the calmer one.

He was always doing the right thing and still does. He is one of the most dependable people I know. He has always had many responsibilities in life and I feel like he never drops the ball. I always try to follow in his footsteps when it comes to being responsible.