6 Ways To Cope With Stress

6 Therapeutic Experiences To Help You Cope With Stress In Your Life

Put your own health first.

1291

Life is excruciating. Day after day we are faced with tasks and challenges we don't know how to overcome. We just can't catch a break! But it's important to remember that, through all of the pains of life, our health towers above it all. Thankfully, there are some great activities that help bring stress levels down.

1. Go on a late night drive

There's nothing like the peace of endlessly driving through a dark and chilly night, windows rolled down, choosing to listen to the music in your car, or the crickets softly singing outside. You can feel your thoughts drift into outer space as neon lights from traffic signs and run-down gas stations reflect off of your face. The stars are your only companion in that moment.

2. Visit a dog park or dog shelter

If it's the stress of people that taunts you, but you don't want to feel alone for the time being, do not fear! Dogs make the perfect furry companions. They will never talk back or disagree with you. Don't forget to bring your umbrella of course! Prepare to be greeted with wet kisses and muddy paw prints stamped onto your clothes.

3. Indulge in old (or new) hobbies

That is assuming you have the time. If boredom is only amplifying your worries, distract yourself with an unexplored passion! Take this time to discover experiences you have never had the energy to try. Maybe a new genre of literature will grasp your attention for many hours to come, or taking long routine hikes up that one mountain you see all of your friends post on social media will give you a chance to unwind. Watercolors? Playing the piano? Learning about marketing strategies? There are endless opportunities, so start looking!

4. Attend a religious service

When life is tough, nothing helps more than spending time in pensive thought about the intangible life forms dwelling above our own. Reflecting on our actions and how we can improve, not just the community around us, but our mental state can bring peace and clarity. And a healthy reminder to remember how little control we truly have over our own lives. Stop stressing, God's got this!

5. Spend time with good friends

What better way to engage in a fun distraction than being around the people that make you happy? Friends can be the most relaxing source of therapy available (at a cheap cost, too). Through listening to your problems, giving you advice, and creating lightheartedness around your struggles, being surrounded by the people we truly enjoy will help you overcome the hardships of life like nothing else can.

6. Have a self-care day

We tend to go about day to day always in a rush, a panic to get everything done. Every day seems like it brings a new burden, it's hard to catch a break. But try scheduling one day, no matter how busy the near future may seem, to allocate towards spoiling yourself with love and attention. Maybe you would love to take a bubble bath, paint your nails, or eat a well-deserved meal. Whatever it may be, it's important to treat yourself once in a while — you deserve it.