6 Signs You're A D1 Couch Potato

6 Signs You're A D1 Couch Potato

Some people just prefer the Great Indoors.
230

It's that time of year: You've got a friend who plays on a sports team, and because you're a good, supportive friend, you've decided to attend a game. It's hot outside, you're sweaty, and you have no idea what the heck is going on out there. You wish that you did, but at the same time, you also wish you were back home on the couch.

Here are six signs that you spend more time on the couch with a snack than you do out at any kind of ball game.

1. You get more excited about the concession stand than you do about anything going on in the game.

It's okay that you didn't see that great pass. You're enjoying a really great hot dog and that's more important.

2. You find yourself splitting the sections (halves, quarters, periods, whatever) of the game into smaller increments, to make the time go faster. (Or at least seem like it is.)

Alright, it's looking like you just have to make it through four more five-minute shifts before you can get yourself another hot dog. You can do it.

3. People-watching the parents and fans is more entertaining and interesting than the game itself.

4. But on the other hand, parents that scream at their kids/other people on the field make you slightly uncomfortable.
Are they being encouraging? Are they being verbally abusive? We're not sure. Who knows.

5. When the action of the game comes even remotely close to where you're sitting or standing, you tend to back away and cover your face.
Hello..why wouldn't someone do that?! You just came out here to be a spectator. You didn't ask for an object to fly rapidly in the direction of your face.

6. You feel that the best part of the day isn't when the team you're rooting for scores, but instead when the sun moves behind a cloud and you are finally in the shade.
As if sitting on hot metal bleachers isn't enough, you're probably in direct sunlight. That glorious few minutes of cloud cover is probably the next best thing to being inside...which is where you'd rather be anyways. Go team!