6 Reasons Tattoos Aren't Taboo

6 Reasons Tattoos Aren't Taboo

It's time to get over your medieval ideas about tattoos.
1381

1. It's Art.

You’re going to disrespect someone’s work of art simply because the canvas is skin? I hope not.

2. They have meaning.

It is very common for people to get tattoos with their moms, sisters, brothers, children and so on...why is that? Because they generally MEAN something to the pair or group. That’s no different than people who cover their bodies in tattoo art for personal reasons. A lot of those tattoos probably have significant meaning. And some of them may not..it really doesn’t matter.

3. They accentuate a look.

Tattoos can really “do up” a look and serve as a little ornament to an outfit.

4. THEY ARE MORE COMMON (now)

At one of the many interviews I have undergone, I was worried about the tattoo I have behind my left ear. However, when I sat down for the interview I was pleasantly surprised. My interviewer had a sleeve. #Millennials.

5. IT’S DISCRIMINATORY

Read this article if you still don't understand.

6. IT’S JUST BOGUS!

Every single qualm with visible tattoos in a workplace, school, or anywhere else is simply the IMPRESSION it gives off. There is no direct correlation between someone having a tattoo and being a deviant within society. Tattoos in no way affect someone’s ability to make a decision, complete a task, or do any of the other basic functions of life and work. So for those of you that immediately judge people who have body art, ask yourself what you’re really judging?

There are probably 660 more reasons to not be hypersensitive about tattoos, but these are just 6.

IF YOU LIKE tattoos, I recommend getting inked on a Friday the 13th. They normally have HUGE deals. I got my first tattoo on October 13th and it was only $20!

BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR LOOK, GOOD DAY.