6 Reasons The New 'Star Wars' Movie Is Unlike Any Other

Also 6 reasons why I sobbed during probably half of the entire movie.

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi came out in theaters on December 15, and people are already going a little crazy over it. This movie has definitely divided the fan-base. Half of the people have absolutely loved it, while the other half think it is way too different from the other Star Wars movies.

Although I am by far not the biggest Star Wars nerd on the planet, I do love the series and the characters so much. I think the newest film is one of the best Star Wars films ever. I loved every part of it. It is very different from the other movies in the franchise, but that's what I think makes it so amazing. It's fresh and new. There are things that have never happened in any other Star Wars films that happen in this one.

While new can be scary and confusing sometimes when it comes to a fantasy world, it's also incredibly exciting. This is an entirely fictional fantasy world! The opportunities for new things are limitless.

So here are six reasons why I think The Last Jedi amazing, and also the six reasons why I sobbed during probably half of the entire movie. Also, SPOILERS AHEAD (if that wasn't already obvious).

1. The cute romance between Finn and Rose

Now I think all of us were expecting Finn and Rey to be an item after we saw The Force Awakens, but I totally ship this love affair over "Fey" any day. Rose saved Finn's life, and almost took her own in the process! Also, I'm always down for an interracial relationship so FINN + ROSE = 4EVER <3.

2. The epic fight scenes

Okay, I know that Star Wars has always had some pretty bad ass fight scenes, but these were pretty amazing. First off, Kylo Ren and Rey killing the Supreme Leader and then fighting off his entourage of red dudes? Fucking incredible. And the fight scene between Finn and Captain Phasma!! (even though I wish we could've had more Gwendolyn Christie because she is my #queen.)

3. The internal conflict of Light versus Dark

This conflict happens three major characters; Kylo Ren, Rey, and even Luke Skywalker. This internal conflict is so interesting, and the only other time we've seen this is with Anakin Skywalker, but that's no fun because we all know how he ends up (in case you're living under a rock, Anakin is Darth Vader.) It's incredible to see these characters that should automatically be the hero and the villain struggle with their own morality and decisions to be good or bad. It shows that no one can be either or.

4. Luke's death

We all knew it had to come eventually, but I think we can rank his death as the most incredible of any Star Wars character. After using the force to stall Kylo Ren so that the Rebellion could get the fuck out and save themselves from being annihilated by the first order, he dies. The last thing he did in his human form was save his people and his friends. It was a beautiful moment, but I'm sure this won't be the last time we get to see Luke because apparently Jedis can come back as ghosts and fuck shit up (like Yoda!!!).

5. Rey's parentage

I don't know about everyone else, but I was definitely expecting Kylo Ren and Rey to be siblings. However, when Kylo told Rey that she came from basically trash who sold her for booze and shit, I wasn't disappointed. Almost all of the important characters in this world are somehow related, so it's really awesome to see that this random orphan girl can be the last fucking Jedi!!!

6. Everything Princess Leia did

Let's just say everytime Carrie Fisher was on the screen, I was crying. When she flew through space to save herself?? That was absolutely magical. And after Luke died, she was at peace. Leia has now lost every single person she loves basically; first, her son Ben went to the dark side, then he killed his father/her husband Han Solo, and now Luke is dead! But this woman is still strong as hell and is going to lead the Rebellion to the end! I'm so so happy with how the directors of the movies showcased Carrie's performance. It was magical, beautiful, and inspiring.

Everything about this film did it for me. From the cute little creatures that lived on Ahch-To, to every badass female character, to the bromance between Po and BB-8, to the humor that was squeezed into almost every scene. I loved it. I can't wait until episode IX!