6 Reasons To Join Clubs In College

6 Reasons To Join Clubs In College

It's so important to get involved!
227

It’s no secret that there’s no shortage of clubs and cool things to get involved in on any college campus. Whether you’re the type to go for Greek life, Student Government, or the on-campus newspaper, here are a few reasons why you should most definitely get involved with clubs on campus.

1. Your Resume! Clubs like Student Government, the school newspaper, Student Professional Organizations, or anything like that could really help your resume. Getting leadership experience and experience in your field can only help you in the long run.
  2. Make New Friends! College campuses are huge, and even if you’re at a small college, there are tons of people to meet and get to know. You never know who could be your next boss, or your friend for life. Meeting people outside of your major is so important; not only for networking, but for expanding your social circle and learning new things from people who may not be just like you.
  3. Connect with your school. Being a part of clubs and organizations on your campus can also connect you more to your school. You’ll learn the ins and outs from the upperclassmen, and you’ll probably get to know other professors you may not normally have. College is full of amazing resources, and they’re just within your reach.
  4. Learn Something New About Yourself. By joining a club or organization, you might find you have a passion for something you didn’t know before. Try running for an E-Board position; you might find you love handling the finances!
  5. You’ll Improve Your People Skills. Getting involved in your community to put you in a position to engage with diverse groups of people. You’ll learn how to navigate working with and engaging with different groups.
  6. You’ll Have Fun! This one is probably the most obvious and the most important. Getting involved with things around your campus gives you a little time off from studying, and you might learn even more in the process of not-technically-studying!